I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Enterprises TEAM - Video>>
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: November 19, 2010 04:05PM

The Batson Enterprises TEAM is excited to announce our first Rodbuilding Video, “The Basics”. We decided to have this video made to help grow the art-craft-industry of custom rod building. We get thousands of people from all over the world contacting us about our opinions on blanks and components, not to mention asking basic rod building questions. Along with the Batson website and the rod building recipes we provide, this was just a natural progression for the “Batson TEAM” to help this industry.
This video will help people understand how enjoyable and easy rod building is. It will promote the craft in so many ways. Be looking for this video in many different avenues such as You Tube, the Batson (www.batsonenterprises.com) website and Batson University to name a few. These types of projects would not be possible without all the support the industry has shown the Batson TEAM. We have been very blessed and want to pass the blessing on.
Thank you and enjoy.
Please feel free to contact us anytime with your questions.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
877-875-2381
www.batsonenterprises.com
batson@batsonenterprises.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Enterprises TEAM - Video>>
Posted by: Grant Darby (---.wavecable.com)
Date: November 19, 2010 04:45PM

Great stuff Bill. I'm a bit uncomfortable throwing out the word "icon", but in Bob Batson's case it fits. I think your opening video tribute to your Dad certainly does him justice. I only knew him for a short while but he sure made me feel like I was the most important rodbuilder he knew. My first "tower tour" at the plant is something I'll always remember! He'd be very pleased that all of you folks at Batson's are still building his dream. For you readers, the Batson newsletter is a great bit of rodbuilding info, sign up.

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.100-30-64.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: November 19, 2010 05:43PM

Newbie here, but these are very pro and good overview. Nice to see everyone behind the scenes, and that the Batson team does in fact, build fishing rods..

I talked a buddy into building a rod on one of your RX8+ blanks and will refer him to these videos.

Drew

Posted by: Bob Caulkins (---.doc.wa.gov)
Date: November 21, 2010 11:38AM

The video's look/are great, and it's always a good thing to be able to ask questions in the process. Thanks for all you do Bill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster