I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

We hope you elect to use ProWrap Thread
Posted by: Joe Meehan American Tackle (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2010 12:01PM

Hello everyone! We are unpacking a huge order of our ProWrap thread which is just in. So to all our customers you will be getting your long awaited shipments of Regular Nylon, Color Fast and Metallic thread in the coming days. We hope this will satisfy demand until the next order arrives.

I have been told over and over again that it is the best thread on the market today. Our bright colors, extensive selection, true diameters and strength give it a victory by a landslide! Try it and I think you'll agree. Vote ProWrap! ..............Ya I know it’s campy but I just couldn’t help myself. : )

We also just approved the samples of Trimar. Look for them sometime after the first of the year.

Joe Meehan, American Tackle

Warmest Regards,

Joseph F Meehan III
American Tackle Co. Inc
Ph: +1-508-957-2164
Toll Free: 1-888-516-1750
Cell: +1-508-364-3770
Fax: +1-508-957-2165
Toll Free Fax: 1-800-966-9430
email: joe@americantackle.us
Web Site: [americantackle.us]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We hope you elect to use ProWrap Thread
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 02, 2010 03:26PM

Joe,
When are you going to unpack Aero Comfort spinning seats (or as you call them, casting seats LOL!) in 17 or 18 size??????????????? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: November 02, 2010 03:38PM

Hi Mike,

Darrin is putting the final touches on the design as a matter of fact. I suspect they'll be available sometime this winter! Joe

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 02, 2010 06:32PM

I .... well, the better half of the business here is already looking forward to the Trimar type threads.

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.static.gci.net)
Date: November 02, 2010 07:40PM

I was going to enroll in some kind of Trimar withdrawl group. I do Flag Wraps as raffle donation for my local Legion. A guy needs that blue and silver trimar for those..........lol I am looking forward to seeing the new Trimar

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 02, 2010 08:27PM

Joe

I have only used some black nylon. But I noticed that it did not have the stretch of Gudebrod
I have to use it more and decide.

And yes I have seen the posts about the stretch a while back just have to play with it and get used to it.

Bill - willierods.com

Date: November 02, 2010 09:57PM

Yeah ... white / silver & white / gold for fish bellies on spiral wraps ......... brown / gold for thunder bird wraps.....

Posted by: Bill Jovanovski (---.bfcz1.lon.bigpond.net.au)
Date: November 03, 2010 06:02AM

I have to admit that the colour range is spectacular!! I will definately be using ProWrap from now on.

Date: November 05, 2010 01:34PM

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. It will take a little getting used to but after some time it will be your go to thread in the future. Ken your wife is very talented. I couldn't believe the wraps she did in her first year. I hope she like the thread.

Yes we've heard the cries for braid and trimar. We'll get it in here asap. Joe

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 05, 2010 09:17PM

Thanks a BUNCH for the seats, Joe!! Looking forward to them becoming available

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: November 06, 2010 08:38AM

Joe -
Lana is working on a "special" wrap right now using the ProWrap threads we ordered early on. We'll leave you a sample wrap she did for use at ICRBE (and/or elsewhere). She likes the thread because the diameter is a little thinner but is still strong enough to allow tight packing on wraps.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 15, 2010 08:29AM

Just tried Pro Wrap color fast in banana split after having a disaster with Madeira and it looks like it is doing just fine in staying opaque and true to color. It also seems to wrap very nicely, although I don't have a lot of experience yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster