I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NC NERBS Nov 13th
Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 29, 2010 01:46PM

Ok guys Im ready to start up again. I will be holding the first NC NERBs gathering at the Rodmaker MAgazine Warehouse in High Point NC. I know it is a little short notice, but I will be holding these on a regular basis over the fall/winter season. I will be doing a siminar on Close Decorative wraps, and will go through Billy Vivona's book, Decorative wraps, in detail. I will also bring my laptop with Visual Wrap on it and show a few things on that, though I am not very well versed with it yey. Tom Kirkman will Cover the NGC for everyone. As always we will spend teh time to address anyones questions and can even probably get another siminar together if there are people who need to see something specific. Right now I think we may have same BBQ catered in for everyone, if they are willing to pitch in and help cover the cost. I will have Billy's Book Decorative Wraps for sale with me. This will not be a place were I or anyone else is trying to sell you a bunch of stuff. Please post up if you are going to attend,and as always bring some of your work so we can all appreciate what you are doing.
Thanks
Chuck Payne

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NC NERBS Nov 13th
Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2010 01:59PM

I will be coming.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2010 02:09PM

Catered BBQ and rodbuilding in teh Rodmaker warehouse.....sounds like a great time.

MJ

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2010 02:36PM

Come on down Mike, I'll provide the bar of soap for you...

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: October 29, 2010 02:49PM

I'll be there with bells on, and I'll bring my own chair this time!
What are the hours?

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: charles fasano (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2010 03:24PM

I'll be there-thanks for doing this again Chuck

Posted by: Brett Hinson (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2010 03:38PM

I will be there. What time?
Whats the address?
Thanks Chuck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2010 03:39PM by Brett Hinson.

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: October 29, 2010 03:59PM

Gee do you guys read my schedule or something? I have one tournament between now and February and it is that day...........

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 29, 2010 05:09PM

November 13. In the tool shed behind my elderly mother's house which serves as a combination living quarters and shop. I think we can fit about 6 guys inside as long as they're not overweight.

Seriously, the gathering will be held on November 13, at 2420 West English Road, High Point, NC 27262. Chuck can set the starting time. I told Chuck that we had 42 at the flea market back in June. I suspect we'll have that many or more for the NERBs thing. Doesn't matter, we have 8000 square feet here and can accommodate over a hundred people easily.

We have some casting lanes here too, so if you want to bring a few rods and do some outdoor casting, please feel free.

Date: October 30, 2010 12:07AM

Guess a time frame would be pretty good huh? 11-4 sounds pretty good to me.

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 11:23AM

Tom, I do hope that if Mr. Gardner shows that you make his price of admission a handful of casting plugs(or a ladder to retrieve the others).

Posted by: Matthew Smith (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 11:34AM

I will be there.

Matt Smith
Greensboro, NC

Posted by: Chris E Linville (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 01:41PM

I'm in, need to up my game on wraps.
Chris

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 02:24PM

JP;
Did not realize you were so cold hearted!

But if Mr. Kirkman will relinquish the whereabouts to purchased the mystical high flying casting plugs? I will be glad to order some to replace his along a few extras.
If not, I can provide the ladder, and will bring a 4 ft rod in hopes of keeping a lower trajectory in the casting lane

As far eating there is another option available. Right down the street from the Rod Maker offices is one of (if not the best) Mexican restaurant in the State of NC.

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 03:39PM

steve, i should be able to make it. i just need to find out the hours i work on friday 12th. i will gladly buy your lunch for another casting demo

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2010 05:36PM

I except!
Many may think you can't get distance on a micro guided rod, But I've proved you can cast into the stratosphere.

Posted by: Jim Creed (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 30, 2010 07:44PM

been a long hot summer, i have been so busy i have not touched one blank i got at last expo, this will be a good start on getting back into the groove,
count me in.

Jim Creed, summerfield NC

Date: October 30, 2010 09:12PM

Steve I am open to good food anywhere, love me some good mexican, I dont have a preference we could all go out after its over if that is what everyone wants

Posted by: Sammy Mickel (204.116.125.---)
Date: October 31, 2010 09:58PM

It sounds like agreat get together I only have one concern. Knowing many of the Nerbs and all due respect maybe you should call it the SERBS.

Date: November 01, 2010 12:25PM

Sammy Mickel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It sounds like agreat get together I only have one
> concern. Knowing many of the Nerbs and all due
> respect maybe you should call it the SERBS.

Here is a copy of my response from another board:
Anyone who has had to opportunity to spend anytime with the original NERBs will understand me leaving the name as is. I personally owe lot to Billy Vivona, and several other of the original NERBs members. They have not only helped me in my rodbuilding, but became friends. When Gilly and I first talked about doing these meetings we had the intentions of doing the first few under the NERBs banner, then coming up with another name. After spending time with these guys I cant do it. This is my way of saying thanks to the rodbuilders who put the information out there to help others. Billy, Mike Joyce, Doc Ski, Dale Clemens and countless others have put information out there to help further the craft. While not all under the NERBS banner they have made priceless contributions.
My intentions of this group is to help push the envelope of rodbuilding. Not just the decorative side. I want to build the best rod possible, and I want a group of guys around that can push each other to do that. While I do spend a lot of time on my wraps, I probably spend more time in the field trying new things and pushing as hard as I can.I have one rod right now that I have over 6 hrs of test casting in, and it is a 10' cast pro 1-4 that goes down to a 4mm guide. You can call us what you want, but if we can have a little bit of the friendships and creativeness teh original NERBs have I will be pretty satisfied.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster