I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ordering form Batson's
Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 10:48AM

I have just gotten the Batsons catalog, and i need to know how can i order from them, Do i just call them and give them the order numbers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ordering form Batson's
Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2010 11:09AM

You need to use a vendor, unless you are buying in abnormally large quantities. I know Utmost, Swampland, Midwest Rod and Reel, and Netcraft all carry Batson product, and all have given me great service in the past. I'm sure other sponsors have their stuff as well.

Joe

Posted by: Cheng Moua (---.mycingular.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 11:17AM

I get most of my batson stuff from Midwest rod and reel...they've got excellent service...and they're local...I've purchased from utmost as well...great service from them as well

Posted by: Todd Badgley (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 11:38AM

If you order from Lance at Swampland you may get some hot sauce!! How can you beat that??
Seriously though, Lance has great customer service also.

Posted by: Chad Huderle (---.static.twtelecom.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 11:48AM

Can't go wrong with Bill and Al at Midwest Rod and Reel! Very fast shipping.

Thanks,
Chad Huderle

Huderle Custom Rods
Prior Lake, MN

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: September 29, 2010 12:46PM

Batson Enterprises is an importer (manufacturer) of components - Rainshadow, Forecast and ALPS. What you are looking for is a distributor/dealer that carries their product line.

Here's a link to their distributor map ... [www.batsonenterprises.com]. Just click on one of the fish symbols and it will display the pertinent information about that location.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: September 29, 2010 12:49PM

Joe - not sure what you consider abnormally large - for some folks those same numbers may seem very small!

Most manufacturers have minimums reguired to work directly with them. It varies among manufacturer as to what that minimum is. Batson has several different pricing tiers based on the volumes you buy.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2010 02:43PM

Alex,

That may well be the case. Based on Lorenzo's previous posts, I assumed he was a relatively new builder. Like myself, a hobby builder building a handful of rods per year, I also assumed that he doesn't yet have the need or demand to meet the minimum for a direct order.

If I'm off base, I apologize, and Lorenzo should give them a call and see what they can do for him.

Regardless, whether he does business direct with Batson or one of their distributors, I know he will get top notch service.

Joe

Date: September 29, 2010 02:56PM

Alex and Joe, I am a new rod builder, My ? was simple, anyone who needs to know whether or not I am a new rod builder, could of directed his assumed answer to me, but I guess we all read each others comments, Thank You.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: September 29, 2010 04:45PM

Who knew if Lorenzo is new, old, high volume, low volume, etc. Just helps to know the whole picture when making decisions. Hence my comment. Now we know.

To your point Joe - I don't see $3000 in materials as a large quantity if you sell rods on a consistent basis (say that's around 40 rods a year or 3 rods a month - even less if you are building lots of high end blanks and guides) and if you are a legit business.

That's enough to let you order direct from some manufacturers (not sure about Batson specifically - again, they had various tiers but I haven't looked at that in a while). There are a couple manufacturers that deal direct and don't require any minimums at all. None of that is secretive, all you have to do is ask.

-----------------
AD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 04:46PM by Alex Dziengielewski.

Date: September 29, 2010 05:57PM

I could of just called Batsons and asked them my ?, but, isn't this forum for info, on such concerns? and as for the volume of my rod building, I would of answered that ? if asked. just my way of not looking like a nosey person. you're right in the first palce I should of called Batson.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 06:48PM

Lorenzo - not directed at you or anyone. Just general comments. Sometimes folks act like this information is secret stuff. Don't be worried about being nosey - worst they can say is no. I've been prepared for "no" a few times and been very surprised at what I ended up with just because I asked.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 08:24PM

lorenzo Unless you have a business account with them you can order. If not you have to order from one of their suppliers. Utmost Enterprises and Anglers Workshop for WA State or one of the many of the suppliers on the left.

Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster