I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

FishHawk P Metallic
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: September 22, 2010 10:53AM

I just tried some of the P Metallic, and it was the nicest metallic thread I have ever used. Just wondering if anyone has used the FishHawk regular metallic and is it as nice to work with as the P metallic (no delaminating or other issues at all).

Thanks,
Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FishHawk P Metallic
Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: September 22, 2010 12:24PM

I used the metallics that were introduced in 2009 at ICRBE and they are very nice!

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2010 12:50PM

I love the metallic threads by FishHawk that I've used. It has a bit more stretch and not as strong as the Gudebrod HT metallics but FishHawk doesn't have the delaminating & twisting issues that the HT had for me and I beleive the HT has a larger diameter.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 22, 2010 07:38PM

Looks like I may have to test FishHawk thread in the future when my Gudebrod HT runs out. I hope someone restarts Gudebrod as I will miss the HTA and HTD thread.
I use the A as an under wrap and the D as a top wrap on saltwater rods. It has worked just fine.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: September 23, 2010 07:19AM

GREAT,

something else that I have to go out and get... LOL I was just working on a rod last night and quietly cursing to myself on account of the issues that I was having withthe HT. Glad to hear the FishHawk doing well.

Posted by: Scott D parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: September 23, 2010 08:37AM

The response we have had to the Metallic P has been outstanding. Thank you so much for your support. We are introducing some other goodies very soon also.
Scott Parsons

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster