I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Homemade weaving loom
Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: August 22, 2010 01:47PM

I was looking at the pictures of some of the homemade weaving looms in the equipment and tools photos here today and was really impressed with the variety of ideas out there. I own a store bought one but I would love to see some more pictures of the homemade ones. There are probably some guys out there as well who might be thinking of building their own. Amazing ideas out there! If you haven't looked at them, I encourage you to. I did a search for weave and then one for loom in the equipment and tool section. Check it out.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homemade weaving loom
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 22, 2010 03:03PM

That is where I get a lot of my own ideas.

The weaver by Chad Rivers I think is a - out of the box idea - [www.rodbuilding.org] Scroll down to the picture.

Bill - willierods.com

Date: August 22, 2010 04:21PM

It looks like a spring. I wonder how he attached it to the wood.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: August 22, 2010 04:35PM

e mail him and ask crivers@henrob.com

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 04:40PM by bill boettcher.

Date: August 22, 2010 04:58PM

Just did. Thanks. I also have a friend that used his wife's foam 4 sided fingernail files to make a 'v' style jig. He just cut slots in them and glued them to pieces of plastic. Next time I see him, I'll snap a picture.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: August 22, 2010 05:01PM

All ideas are very welcome -- instead of paying the prices of some of these gigs ?? LOL

home depot has springs to use

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 05:03PM by bill boettcher.

Date: August 22, 2010 09:10PM

It seems several have read this thread but no more pictures. I'm sure lots of us have built a weaving loom. I think I'll try and build one like Chad's. I haven't actually tried to do a 360 deg. weave. I don't even know if I could with mine since it's a "V" style. Seriously, I bet there are some amazing homemade looms out there. Post 'em if you got 'em!

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2010 09:40AM

There are various home-made weaving looms in several issues of RodMaker, including one from Jim Upton.

Posted by: dave schaub (129.230.244.---)
Date: August 23, 2010 10:23AM

I made one of the Upton styled ones. It was easy and all the things I needed were at Michaels. I probably have $10-15 in it with the things I bought.
I used some hobby plywood instead of acryllic sheets to make the base. It was a lot cheaper and I dont need to see thru it. If you do one like it,
be careful with cutting the slots in the foam. I have a few that are angled and it gets me off every once in a while because it looks like the next higher number.
I use it a lot doing initials and names. It is not very pretty so I have never photographed it.

Posted by: Tom St.Clair (---.dsl.ipltin.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 01, 2010 05:49PM

I wish that there was a "scale" of some sort...to know what size everything was. I guess that the most "important thing" is the ID of the PVC...

--------------------------------

tom in indy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster