I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Best places to buy blanks
Posted by: Bryan Elkins (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 19, 2010 11:07PM

I am just getting into building and looking for the best prices on 1 piece 7' to 8' quality blanks? I will mainly be building spinning rods? Thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best places to buy blanks
Posted by: brad baker (216.198.182.---)
Date: August 19, 2010 11:31PM

Mudhole.com

Posted by: Jason Cosby (72.101.35.---)
Date: August 19, 2010 11:59PM

There's no one vendor that can be called the least expensive. It all depends on what you're ordering and how much of it. Some are higher on shipping than others when ordering small quantities and not all blanks are available everywhere. The best thing to do to drive down the cost is order in large quantity, as It costs a lot (each time) to ship that big honkin' tube. You'll find all the vendors to the left to be very competitive in their pricing.

Jason Cosby
Cos Rods

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 20, 2010 01:17AM

Like Jason said Prices won't vary much but not all vendors carry all brands. Today's blanks are pretty much all good quality but it all depends on what criteria that you are looking for in a particular blank.Quality is not always price related All of the vendors on the left carry quality products. A lot depends on the type of blanks. You need to be a lot more specific. Mudhole probably has the largest component /blank selection available. You might want to get a catalog from them as well as catalogs from various manufacturers/vendors to the left

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 02:30AM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 20, 2010 03:48AM

It pays to shop around and take advantage of Close-Outs & Over-stock sales when you can.

I understand that someone new can be overwellmed and under-informed but fortunately, many of the Vendors in our craft really do excell in Cutomer Service. Take advantage of that as well and your shopping experiences will be less costly and more rewarding.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: August 20, 2010 07:17AM

any of the sponsors on the left are the best place to go. each has there pros and cons. some have more selection than others, but none have every option out there. sometimes the hunt for "just the right components" can be fun and sometimes extremely frustrating. it is all part of the process in my book. i cannot say i have had bad service from any of them. the main reason to use someone to the left is they sponsor this board and allow all of us to have this forum.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: August 20, 2010 12:08PM

Bryan I agree with all the others , the sponsors on the left are all great people to work with. Depending where you live shipping is a big factor along with quantity. If you have been a long time customer with a sponsor you can get special deals. If it were me I would find one closest to where you live and deal with them. Most sponsors can find what ever you want even if they do not cover it

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Paul Rotkis (---.gci.net)
Date: August 20, 2010 07:54PM

I agree...from any of the cats on the left!

Posted by: Rich Gorden (---.gnv.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 20, 2010 10:58PM

Bryan, It looks like you're in Tampa. It would be worth your while to stop in at Bridgemaster Tackle Shop on Highway 60 if you're in the Lake Wales area. You're also not that far from Mudhole, those folks are outstanding.

Posted by: John M. Hernandez (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: August 23, 2010 01:34PM

Ditto Bryan,

All the suppliers on the left have great deals at different times of the year. As with anything volume speaks volumes.

Tight lines,

JH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster