I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

MHX Blank
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: July 30, 2010 03:43PM

Sorry about repeat question, but i'm trying to straight it out and want to curious what do MHX blank compare to other rods as the prices is pretty decent on all MHX blanks..
any of MHX blanks compare to st. croix avid or a glooomis imx or a other blanks like pheinix, doybn, powell, daiwa, airus, quautum or many brand of rods..
the reason i ask to curious,
any of bassmaster or walleye professonaml use this MHX and win any tournament this year ? the reason i want a better information and how people love that rod and will ever use, that i would like to trying very soo as i get people's review and explain of experince on MHX blanks models...

Josh Clark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MHX Blank
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 30, 2010 05:47PM

Josh,

The MHX blanks are pretty much a "clone" of the G-Loomis IMX rod blanks. That should tell you a lot right there.

The MHX compares very well to most blanks costing nearly twice as much or more.

I can't speak for the lighter power models or the fly models, only the MB and SJ series.

DR

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 30, 2010 11:34PM

Josh!!! to start with no professional or at least very few are going to endorse a blank. Most use and are paid for by what ever sponsor they are representing. That is what they get paid for. It is called the power of advertising. You could have a rod that the blank is actually worth less than 50.00 but due to advertising and promotions it suddenly becomes a 200.00 blank built into a 400.00 rod.

Date: July 31, 2010 12:09AM

thanks for reply, and i'm just speak with someone who doing the rodbuilding and he's use 75% MHX blanks and he says he love it and i'm looking forward to give a trying with KITS and hope i fell in love with MHX if i do then i'll able to stick with it..
thanks for give me straight it out and i'm going for it..

Josh

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 31, 2010 07:40AM

Kits do not usually have the correct size guides They are usually the cone of flight. Check them

Bill - willierods.com

Date: July 31, 2010 02:46PM

bill,
yeah i notice when take a look at MHX blanks kits the guides are just as cone, but i wonder what kind of guide does kits come with. a hailoy coz i might have some 25 and 20 size.
i not have to worry about the guides that cone will just get it sort for practice when kits come to my door

Josh

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 31, 2010 03:09PM

I also priced some of the kits and found you do not save as much money

You will get more and what you want buy ordering the components you want.

Mudhole will also set you up.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.16.131.174.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: July 31, 2010 09:10PM

They are great blanks. I've built on my fair share of G. Loomis and the MHX fair exceeds them and St. Croix and others I've built on. The money ain't bad either. I build for 3 professional guides and they have been very impressed with the quality of the blank and builds.
I've built one kit but learned an awful lot during the process. Call Scott, Todd, Tom or Bob and they'll get you taken care of.

Date: July 31, 2010 11:57PM

the reason i want to build a rod blanks kits is to LEARNING about how rodbuilding, and the size with kits isnt matter to me but when i'm ready to build a serious rod i would perfer a other plans..

Josh

Posted by: Chris Beverley (---.infinity.net.au)
Date: August 01, 2010 08:48PM

I love the MX blanks. Great affordable blanks and very similar to the IMX blanks upon which I have built many a fine rod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster