I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Expo Boost!
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2010 10:59AM

Talk to any person who’s been in advertising for very long and they’ll surely know of this old, proven advertising adage: “ Any talk is good talk, just as long as they’re talking!”

This weekend the Expo got an unexpected but welcome publicity boost. The event website, which is normally pretty dead on weekends, not only saw tremendous traffic both days but exceeded the normal weekday average by almost 300% and the overall daily average by almost 200%. Another Facebook boost has the same type of traffic carrying over through Monday and possibly today. You just can’t buy advertising like this. Getting people to visit your website is always the key for any successful internet advertising.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

As a result, hotel room bookings for the event skyrocketed over the weekend. The following hotels have now asked to be allowed to offer special room rates for Expo attendees. They all want a piece of the action.

J.H. Adams Inn

Biltmore Suites Hotel

Econolodge High Point

Hotel NC (Formerly Howard Johnsons)

Knight’s Inn

The rates will vary from hotel to hotel, but all those listed are offering a special below normal rate for the Expo.

The Courtyard by Marriott has already been listed as a location offering a special room rate for the Expo.

I will try and get their special rates listed on the website sometime today. Just make sure when you call to book your room you mention that you are going to be attending the “International Custom Rod Building Expo” so that they’ll be sure to quote you the special room rate.

We’re still 7 months out but this weekend’s publicity has certainly given the Expo a great early boost. Never before have we had more than 2 hotels offering us special room rates. The 2011 event continues to look like it will be the best ever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo Boost!
Posted by: mike burnette (---.pmtnet.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 11:53AM

Tom is ur site on Facebook?
i guess I need to book my room.
mikeb

Home Town,Gretna VA

Posted by: Rob Hale (---.northstate.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 01:20PM

I do not think it is... someone was trying to badmouth it and it sort of backfired on them. The event got so much publicity that builders that had probably never heard of it have now learned about it. That old advertising saying is 100% TRUE. Its only a fifteen minute drive for me so the hotels are not anything I need, but I am glad to see the very positive spin this whole thing ended up taking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 01:22PM by Rob Hale.

Date: July 27, 2010 02:08PM

The Best Western just got on board with an $87 per night rate for Expo attendees. That's within a couple bucks of where they were last year. The Best Western is directly across the street from the Showplace.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 03:43PM

Where will the banquet be?

Date: July 27, 2010 03:53PM

Most likely at Centennial Station which is about 2 blocks from the Showplace. The hotel ballroom just isn't large enough anymore and we have a lot more options as to what we can offer and do at a separate facility.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 04:55PM

Are we going to have our second annual casting competition on Friday?

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 05:26PM

We are going this year. I just made my RSVP at the Best Western. Thanks Tom. They said they have had several calls today. I think I was # 8. Good deal.
Kyle

Posted by: Rob Hale (---.northstate.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 05:30PM

Just shows what little I know about advertising and marketing. I thought the whole thing was pretty silly and unnecessary. It never occurred to me just how positive such a thing can turn out. I'm very glad it worked out that way.

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 05:46PM

We were going anyway but the Best western told my wife that we were number 10 and that was just for today! Thanks for the reminder .

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.cpe.netcabo.pt)
Date: July 27, 2010 06:22PM

When a man knows what is doing and why is doing it, the result just have to be this one.

Abraço

Nuno

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 06:58PM

I think it's Poetic Justice!! Maybe you should send her a free ticket for spreading the word to all of the rod builders who may not have been aware of the worlds Premier rod building event!!! Thanks to all those that helped to spread the word!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 07:50PM

Econolodge, 3 blocks down the street, are booking ICRBE rooms for $52.99. And it's already started.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Date: July 27, 2010 08:28PM

Steve,

I'm sure we can do something. The actual event is still a long way off. This was really an unexpected boost and it's just still so early that I think we have plenty of time to plan and refine another casting competition of some sort. We will try to do something but it'll be a couple months before I can work out the details. I'll try to have something done by September which should give all interested parties a chance to get a rod ready.

Jay,

That's for a double - singles are just $49.95. We have a lot of folks stay there each year and I've never heard a complaint. Nothing fancy but more than adequate and just 3 blocks from the Showplace.

Posted by: Lou Auret (---.sip.mem.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 08:39PM

My wife and i will be booking this weekend for sure.
I still kick myself for some of the things i mulled over buying for too long and when i decided i wanted them, they were gone.

Posted by: Steven Kincaid (---.dyn-wireless.t6broadband.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 08:59PM

Tom: Will the Best Western across the street be charging extra for hot water in the morning?? Just a thought..................

Steve Kincaid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 09:00PM by Steven Kincaid.

Posted by: mike burnette (209.105.133.---)
Date: July 27, 2010 09:03PM

Hey,
Just book my room at the comfort inn in Archdale i think it 6 or 7 miles kinda east of the show place, on rt 311Tom if i am wrong correct me please.
The room was $67 and some change plus tax and fees.We stayed there last year and it was nice.
mikeb

Home Town,Gretna VA

Date: July 27, 2010 09:04PM

According to what they told me last week, they have had new boilers installed and should have no problem with hot water this year. But you never know.

Of course, with so many hotels now offering special room rates there are plenty of nice places to stay.

I have been beside myself all day - we have never had this much early interest in the Expo. We are on a record pace and it's still 7 months away.

Date: July 27, 2010 09:27PM

It's about 4.5 miles due south of the Showplace on Hwy 311. You can get a get a lot closer for the same or less money. But if it suits you, great. I have never heard a single complaint about it.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: July 27, 2010 11:11PM

Tom is correct. $52.99 for a double and $49.95 for a single with a good resturant next door. Brother Gary and I are ready to go now ! We can buy another handfull of blanks with the savings.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster