I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle's 2011 Catalog now available!!
Posted by: Joe Meehan American Tackle (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2010 04:32PM

Hi All,

Check out our new 40 page full color 2011 catalog now available in print and off our home page @ [americantackle.us]. Let us know what you think. You can order the new catalog right on line @ [americantackle.us].

What's new?? Our new Typhoon Casting/Spinning guides in a medium frame for saltwater and heavy fresh sz 8-40. The new Ring Lock tops in Lite and Medium 6-10 rings. The new Artus Ring Lock Micro guides and tops featured on Boyd Duckett's Micro Magic Rods. Virtus spin guides sizes in 30 and 40 in both 20-60 & 50-80. New butt caps and fighting butts, 3 new colors in our heavy duty aluminum seats & gimbals, EVA and Cork split grips, Marshall Madruga Gyotaku decals, a slew of rod building tools, and one of our best new products we've ever introduced Pro Kote and Pro Bond. Check them out. I hope you like the new line up.

Look for our new thread line soon to be introduced in mid August. We've tested it extensively and we found it to be a step up in quality. We'll offer Nylon, Color Fast Nylon and various metallics in A and D in 100 yard 1oz 4oz spools.

Joe Meehan, American Tackle

Warmest Regards,

Joseph F Meehan III
American Tackle Co. Inc
Ph: +1-508-957-2164
Toll Free: 1-888-516-1750
Cell: +1-508-364-3770
Fax: +1-508-957-2165
Toll Free Fax: 1-800-966-9430
email: joe@americantackle.us
Web Site: [americantackle.us]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle's 2011 Catalog now available!!
Posted by: Timothy Johnson (---.177.26.254.adsl.snet.net)
Date: July 20, 2010 09:34PM

Nice! I used one of the Blue Unibutts on a rod I will deliver tomorrow, paired up with ProBond and ProKote, and the Am Tack Black Frame Blue Ring guides. Nice stuff! Looking forward to using the new guides, too!

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2010 04:37PM

The Aero seat still only comes in 16mm huh? Joe, we spoke breifly at the expo and you said larger sizes will probably be in the works. Is there any update on that?

Also, I'm still trying to locate the Ring Lock titanium A-frames. They're in a few catalogs but no one actually has them available.

I'm really enjoying the American Tackle guides so far, the Ring Lock has been a good selling point. Looking forward to trying the new stuff.

Steve

Posted by: Joe Meehan American Tackle (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2010 06:51PM

Thanks Tim I hope everything is to your liking. We appreciate you giving us a try. You won't be disappointed.

Steve we are still working on the tooling for the NIRLA's. It has been tough getting it right. Titanium doesn't like being bent like SS so it takes a lot of creativity. We should have them soon however. I'll check again and let everyone know.

As for the Aero we were just discussing the molds today. We're still up in the air about making them blank through in 16, 17 & 18 or just adding a larger version in 17 and 18 as first planned. We'll reach some decisions here and have some idea in the coming weeks. Joe

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 21, 2010 08:24PM

The larger Aeros will be a WELCOME addition.!!!!! My favorite seat! Can't wait! 17 & 18's would be SUPER!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2010 12:05AM

Thank you very much for the update Joe. I'm really looking forward to the day when both of those items become available.

Steve

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: July 22, 2010 09:44PM

Ditto on the larger Aero!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 23, 2010 10:50AM

Thanks for the enthusiasm! The larger sizes are long overdue. We're just figuring out if the exposed blank is possible without sacrificing comfort.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 23, 2010 10:55AM

Joe, I THINK that most builders use it as a spinning seat!! Everyone that I have ever talked to does. Have never seen anyone use it on a casting rod. Putting a hole in the hump would wreck it for spinning rods

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: July 23, 2010 01:14PM

Why did we lose the Blue ring and black frame guides??

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Date: July 23, 2010 02:44PM

Hi Rolly, We had to trim somewhere. We looked at sales for the last three years and the numbers were low and trending down on the black and blue. We sold twice as many TiCH/Blue guides except for the Turbo's which we shall continue to stock. If you really want them our distributors can special order them in any style you like. Joe

Posted by: Timothy Johnson (---.177.3.2.adsl.snet.net)
Date: July 23, 2010 09:23PM

Keep those black/blue Turbo's please!! They match awesome with the blue Unibutt :)

Also, one of my pet peeves is in the Ring Lock NanoLite Tip tops. Lots of blanks I use have between a 9 and 12 size for the tube size and I want a 12 ring to pass knots if needed, yet there are very few 12 ring size tip tops with smaller tubes. Any chance of these in the future?

Date: July 24, 2010 12:30PM

Hi Tim,

What size knots are you using? : ) That must be one @#$%& of a knot. You will eventually see our new Medium Ring Lock Tops in 12 and 16 rings but for right now we have the mold manufacturer so busy he can't keep up. Look for them next year but anything below a size 10 tube will not be offered. We look at demand and frankly with the advent of braid these larger rings are in less and less demand. Joe

Posted by: Kevin Bogan (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2010 10:39AM

Joe great catalog. I like the new 'colors' machined hooded seats. Some great looking products. I will be placeing an order for ten sets of the new Typhoon40-10 mm on monday. That should keep me off the streets for a while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster