I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Logo placement on cork
Posted by: Ray Powers (---.lightspeed.sgnwmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 18, 2010 10:51PM

I have a customer who would like two logos (Co. type) and hs name placed on a spinning rod. I figure I can place the name on the butt section just in front of the fore grip. If I place the logos on the blank, there is a good chance they will be wrapped around most of the diameter. My thought is to move the logos (rectangular / square) to the cork area and insert them or place them on a flat trim ring which would go around the fore grip. Has anyone had any experience doing this ? I'm open for suggestions as well.
Thanks
Raynbow Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Logo placement on cork
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 18, 2010 11:46PM

Ray,
A couple of thoughts.
1. Can you get the logos printed smaller so that they don't cover so much of the blank?
2. The idea of a trim ring in the fore grip could make a lot of sense or not. Most of the time when one holds a spinning rod, they have their hand cover the entire fore grip.So, if a logo were placed on the fore grip, it would see a lot of wear.
3. Perhaps you should make a special rear grip. Use your conventional rear grip, but then make an acrylic or similar grip for the last inch or two inches of the rear grip. You could acttually use this as a rod butt, if you made it out of solid acrylic and did not bore through to the end of the rod. i.e. let the rod rest on the acrylic. It is tough so it should hold up fine.
Then, simply put the logo on the acrylic rod butt.

4. Another thought would be to do a flat inlay into the rear section of the rod handle and apply the logo to the handle inlay. If you inset the inlay, applied the logo, you could use casting resin to level the handle and really protect the logo.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Good luck
Roger

Re: Logo placement on cork
Posted by: Ray Powers (---.lightspeed.sgnwmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 19, 2010 10:20PM

Roger - Thanks for the comments, I think I will explore the area of placing the logos on the but section of the grip. The acrylic idea is an excellent suggestion. I will follow up when everyting is built.
Thanks,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster