I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anyone make an Anchor Decal?
Posted by: Shawn Queeney (---.we.res.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2010 09:11PM

I searched at Bill Mar, Decal Connection, and did a forum search...is there an anchor decal anywhere?

I'm looking for something for a USN or USCG Chief Petty Officer, so basically just a regular old Anchor will work, but preferably one similar to the anchor they use on their insignias and collar devices.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone make an Anchor Decal?
Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: July 09, 2010 10:16PM

Unless it is something copyrighted, Decal Connection can make a decal from a vector graphics file. I suggest contacting Debbie for more information.

Posted by: Shawn Queeney (---.we.res.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2010 10:24PM

That was definitely my 2nd option - I just figured there would already be an anchor decal floating around. If not, I'll pony up the money and have one made.

Thanks,
Shawn

Posted by: Matt Davis (64.118.9.---)
Date: July 10, 2010 07:10AM

I went thru this a while back...wound up having one made...could not find anything small enough and suitable.

Military logos are not copyrighted. I forget the term but because they are government logos, they are public domain.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Posted by: Bert Kinghorn (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2010 12:49PM

Shawn Queeney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....so basically just a regular old
> Anchor will work, but preferably one similar to
> the anchor they use on their insignias and collar
> devices.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Shawn

The Chief worked hard to earn the right to wear that insignia. Presuming you are making the effort to build something truly special for the recipient, he/she will appreciate it MUCH more if you take the time to get it right. BTW, the USN and USCG chief's insignia are slightly different. (CG insignia includes the CG shield.) A small point, but that too will make a difference for the recipient.

Again, the images are in the public domain. Thanks for honoring someone who has sacrificed much for all of us!

~Bert

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 10, 2010 01:55PM

Shawn,

Tons of Military decals. They have exactly what you are looking for [www.google.com]
You can right click on any image save to your computer, re-size it to your needs and convert to any format you want

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2010 02:10PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2010 04:43PM

Shawn,

Unhide your email or send me one. I'll get you set up unless you're in a big hurry.

Steve

Posted by: Clinton Terry (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 26, 2010 11:15AM

I would like to email you about the 3D wrap you posted, if possible. Thanks.

Clinton

Posted by: Shawn Queeney (---.natwky.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2011 11:12PM

Sorry for the LONG delay guys! For some reason, I never got email notifications about this post?

S_Queeney@hotmail.com is my email. Feel free to shoot me any anchor ideas, and Clinton, ask away if the 3d wrap you ask about is mine.

Thanks,
Shawn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster