I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Wheel help
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns17.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 02, 2010 09:26AM

Hi Guys,
I'm an Aussie who's been hand turning rods for over 30 years. A few years back I bought a set of O-ringed wheeled rod stands from the US that have served me extremely well. I've blown a tyre on 1 of the wheels, can't get hold of the person I bought them from and a lot of googling has brought no resuts. Hopefully 1 of you guys can help. The wheels are white nylon or Delrin,
1 15/16" in diameter with the O-rings on and 3/16" thick They also have ball bearings !/2" x 3/16" which may have been fitted after purchase. I'd like to find the manufacturers if possible as I have another contraption I want to build which these wheels would be ideal for. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Col

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheel help
Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.176.42.254.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: July 02, 2010 09:36AM

Well you could just replace the o-ring itself if that's what went. There are several places to get them.

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: July 02, 2010 09:50AM

Col: Just go to the left side of the page to the sponsor's list and click onto Mud Hole, after their site comes up click onto Equipment, then click onto parts and upgrades. I think you'll find what you are looking for there. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out,great people to deal with.
Hope this will help you out. <<<< DON >>>>

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: July 02, 2010 11:36AM

They are just standard automotive O-rings, any auto store ought to have them. If you go to a seal and gasket company you can even get them in viton and silicone compounds that witll give you a selection of colors for a bit more money.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 02, 2010 04:37PM

Smallparts.com carries all sizes

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns17.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 02, 2010 07:20PM

Hi,
Thank you gentlemen for your assistance, it's appreciated.
Col

Posted by: Rena Hall (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: July 02, 2010 08:47PM

Col,

I have those same Rod Stands and I have some spare O-rings to fit the white 1 15/16" in diameter wheels.

If you want a couple of the 3/16" thick O-rings, I'll send them to you for Free.

email your address to me at: kittenpurrrzz@cox.net

Rena

Posted by: Barry Chapman (---.41.70.115.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: July 03, 2010 01:40AM

G'Day Col

You should be able to get them at "Bearing Service Company" or failing that try "Super Cheap Auto" GOOGLE for the location nearest you

Baz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster