I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ALPS Rod guides
Posted by: Wesley Russell (---.107.189.72.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2010 07:09PM

I was wondering if anyone had some experience with them . And how they hold up to braid . I am currently looking into building 2 St.Croix legend inshore rods spinning . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Sufix is my line of choice .

Lets go wash some lures .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ALPS Rod guides
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 28, 2010 08:12PM

Have used Alps guides on several builds and have yet to have a problem using braid up to 65 # test

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 28, 2010 09:32PM

And Barry drags his line through the sand!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: June 28, 2010 09:48PM

love mine!!! I use braid exclusively on the rods with the Alps and have had ZERO problems..

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2010 09:51PM

Barry and I are guilty of the same sins, and using the same guides with the same line sizes getting the same good results.

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 29, 2010 12:56AM

I have switched to ALPS guides as my primary guide. You can't beat them for corrosion resistance. They are also strong and lightweight, and very cost effective.
I have used them on saltwater boat rods, light saltwater popping rods, and casting rods. They are as good as (if not better than) any comparable guide out there.

Date: June 29, 2010 03:29PM

Thankyou for the info very much appreciated . But one more question . Is there a good place to buy or should I just go to batson enterprise and order there .

Posted by: Andrew Wright (207.14.37.---)
Date: June 29, 2010 03:56PM

Wesley

I can answer that, go to the board sponsor Utmost and shoot Carol an Email,

She is very kind and quick to respond.

Also sometimes they have great deals on Batson products.

Andrew
Port Orchard, WA
The Pacific Northwest

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 29, 2010 07:37PM

Wesley,

On your original question, they'll hold up fine with Spectra. We've had several hundred sets in use in the Pacific for four seasons now and I've yet to hear of a single ring getting grooved.

Here's a link to our Alps guide selection --> []

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: July 01, 2010 04:38PM

thankyou guys it is very very much appreciated . these next rods will be my second and third build .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster