I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Who can provide Fuji guide MKSG2.5 ?
Posted by: didier stephan (---.76.3-93.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: June 21, 2010 12:26PM

Hello .

I would like the smallest ( and sic ) MIcro guide for some of my spinning, i guess it's the MKSG#2.5 .
So who sell them ?

Unfortunately , Matagi don't have them ...

Any idea to help ?

Thank.

D.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who can provide Fuji guide MKSG2.5 ?
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 21, 2010 12:36PM

I don't think that you can get them.
If you have any chance of getting them It would be from Billy Vivona.

I have a few that I keep to show people. But I have stayed with the Batsons in that size. I found the Fuji frames in the 2.5 size to be too soft and they tend to bend easy. I’ve heard the larger Fuji’s are not that way.
So if you are committed to using Fuji's I would stay with the larger sizes or buy the Batsons in the smaller sizes.

Personally I've stay with the Batsons in all sizes.

Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: June 21, 2010 12:40PM

Didier, To my knowledge I am the only Batson dealer right now that has some of the BMKLG 2.5's in stock. Let us know if we can help.
Scott Parsons

Posted by: BINGHAM ENTERPRISES (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 21, 2010 01:14PM

Not to disagree with Scott but Bingham Enterprises also has the BMKLG guides in sizes 2.0 thru 5.0. You can find them on the new product section of my webssite along with pricing. These guides are in stock and ready to ship.

Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises

binghamenterprises@kc.rr.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 01:17PM by BINGHAM ENTERPRISES.

Date: June 21, 2010 01:19PM

Thank Steve and Scott .

So MKSG are "too soft".

It is a pity that Baston does not make the micro with sic ! May be next year ?

So if i want sic ring , i have to get the Fuji KT ( T-KTSG and EKTSG ) or Fuji T-LSG and LSG in 3.5 ring , but it a way more expensive ...

Such is life !

D.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 21, 2010 01:39PM

I've got 12 or 13 of the MKSG 2.5's sitting here. I got them on a few rods that I fish, never had a problm with them bending and I do knock the guides around a bit. I have no clue how strong they are vs other brands, but I do know that since they are so small they are not easy to bend once wrapped.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: June 21, 2010 01:46PM

Batson micros with an SiC are available but only down to size 3 and are special order (last time I checked into it which was a while ago)

-----------------
AD

Date: June 21, 2010 03:52PM

Hello Alex .

Here is an interesting information! Thank .

I guess I have to ask Baston directly....

D.

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: June 21, 2010 04:08PM

The next question would have to be why the SiC requirement? Most people who have used them have been quite pleased with the various hard Aluminum Oxide rings like Fuji Alconite or Batson H ring. I know that SIC is harder, but would it make a difference on a rod using guides this small? One of my most used rods has #4 Alconites and a BMCAT tip, I have been using it with 65lb braid for over a year and the guides are still perfect.

Date: June 21, 2010 05:42PM

It is indeed a legitimate question.

Sic or alconite ? Titanium frame or steel ? Fuji or an other brand ? Etc...

Difficult to be objectiv, for me .lol

Since i'm building my custom rod , I have decided to choose the best ( every time my budjet allows me )
And in my area , all the best rod have sic , so ...

Mike , you have been using it with 65lb braid, this is a thick braid . And i'm gonna use Power pro from 5lb to 10lb, which is a more "fragile " braid , and may be some Japanese braid eight strands.( very expensive ) And I would like to increase the lifespan.

D.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 21, 2010 06:56PM

Then I would choose Batson micro guides with zirconium rings.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: June 21, 2010 10:03PM

Didier,
I have followed Steve's advice VERY closely and don't think that you will be dissapointed. I have recently put in a special order for some 2mm and 2.5mm with the zirconium ring.. You will NOT be unhappy with them. I have only used 30lb power pro with these and have had no problems. I have however used 65 power pro exclusively on a pitching rod with the hard rings with NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM... is up to you wich path you choose. I will say that the zirconium sure does put a nice flair to the rod (small bling factor).

Tom

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: June 21, 2010 11:32PM

Where are you getting the Zirconium?

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: June 22, 2010 07:27AM

any of the vendors who carry Batson should be able to special order for you. I got mine from Scott at Fishsticks. I know that Karen at Bingham is a full dealer now and she should be able to take care of you as well.

Tom

Date: June 22, 2010 12:23PM

Hello .

Yes , where to get those zirconium !!! ? I was on the Baston website , looking the micro , and i didn't seen them ?

? At Fishsticks ...?

Thank .

D.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 22, 2010 12:44PM

E-mail or call the two that have them above

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: June 22, 2010 01:15PM

Didier,

Yes, I did get mine from Fishsticks. You will have to call them, I am sure that Karen at Bingham can get them for you as well.

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster