I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lemon Yellow, Lime Green & Orangey Orange BLANKS
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 18, 2010 08:43AM

Colors !! Our customers ask for them, now they are in stock – CRB Blanks in bright colors - Lemon Yellow, Lime Green & Orangey Orange!! These are the same blanks as the popular Pink, Purple, Green & Blue blanks. Great for kids rods, grandchildren, wife’s, significant other or just the kid in you! And colored blanks are not just for fun - have you seen the colored rods some of the pros are using on the Bassmaster's Tour - now's your chance!

These new colors are awesome – bright and bold – the photos on the web page doesn’t do them justice.

Order on today at:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lemon Yellow, Lime Green & Orangey Orange BLANKS
Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.ripon.k12.wi.us)
Date: June 18, 2010 12:13PM

Love the pink and purple blanks you now offer. Looking forward to trying out some new colors. These are some very nice blanks for the money.
Buzz Butters

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 12:41PM

really - Nice - colors. You go guys.

Wish ya had them pink blanks when I did this one : [www.rodbuilding.org]

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 12:51PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Jim Williams (---.dr01.shlw.az.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 01:19PM

I know I will get shot and slaughtered for this one. But....truth is in the perception. I ordered one blank from Mudhole. Never again. It came in an approximately 4" square cardboad box. Cheap flimsy cardboard as well. Just a bit of paper stuffed in it. With "VERY" little pressure of just picking up the box with your hand.....the box collapses and turns flat! How much abuse did that rod suffer on it's way to me? Who knows. If the heavier triangle boxes that people ship stuff in get crunched....and I have pictures of more than one.......This slimsy cardboard box that my blank came in was not much more than a large envelope.

OK guys....fire away.

Jim
I post what I think is true on here for the good of the members....not necessairly for the good of the sponsors. It gets me in trouble at times...but I do not pass along false information for people to judge things by. That would not be a good thing for the receiver of the messag conveyed. That would be providing false information to be a yes man. I try to be honest. But it is tough sometimes.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 01:23PM

I never had a problem with them

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Greg Weaver (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: June 18, 2010 01:42PM

I won't buy blanks from anyone or company that won't ship in a PVC tube.

Posted by: Brad Kemis (---.fw2.onvoy.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 02:38PM

I like the new colors, keep it up. Lots of new items/colors being offered.

Every blank I've purchased from Mudhole has arrived in a pvc tube.

Posted by: Mike Winkler (---.new.res.rr.com)
Date: June 18, 2010 02:40PM

My last several orders have come in a triangle box, with stiffners on the edges. No problems.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 03:28PM

Greg Weaver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I won't buy blanks from anyone or company that
> won't ship in a PVC tube.

You can buy them from me Greg. I have absolutely no probem doing that.

Kevin

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2010 02:59AM

I've never had a blank shipped in a cardboard box or tube from Mudhole or anywhere else arrive broken. I have sent blanks in schedule 40 (thick wall) PVC, bubble wrapped at the ends and every couple feet that were broken or damaged when they got to their destination. Go figure....

cardboard is fine with me.

BTW, I love having color options! The more the better! Thanks Mudhole

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: June 19, 2010 02:35PM

I have had a cardboard triangular box literally crushed and have opened the box and shockingly found the blank had not been damaged. I have had a PVC tube arrive in pristine condition with the rod blank snapped-go figure. I too prefer the PVC and ship all my rods in the thick wall PVC but I never assume they will arrive intact-I always e-mail the customer to make sure the rod arrived successfully. Stuff happens without rhyme or reason and I personally see no reason to blame the supplier. I'm certain that if a supplier had a rash of breakages in these cardboard boxes, they would have a strong economic disincentive to ship in that manner.

Posted by: Jim Williams (---.dr01.shlw.az.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 19, 2010 03:42PM

Mr. Spence, and others.

I understand all the comments and basically agree with them. I have been so annoyed at how the post office treats the triangle tube boxes and I have pictures. My local post office will just paste a sticker on it saying "arrived damaged" and that's the end of it. I have the pictures and they are crimped at the same spot...which I find kind of interesting. Anyway one of them I received was so totally torn at the top crimp line, about a foot down from the top of the box, that you could just open it up like the top of a tea pot. It was only held on by about an inch left of cardboard. I posted the pic on a website and and a comment was made that it looked like it had been cut. It did indeed look that way but upon closer inspection you could tell it just happened that way during shipping. I can tell ALL of you this. If any of you had received said flimsy cardboard box with a blank in it that I received you would feel the same way. You just gotta be there to experience the deal. I mean it was so flimsy just picking it up in one hand it collapses and goes flat as a pancake...with a rod inside! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. And if you had this box and paid good money for the contents there is no doubt you would have the same feelings. . At that time I had received so many damaged boxes that I just brushed it off and threw it away....I think. If I can find it I will post a pic just for proof. To add credibility to my statement.

I am not trying to be a twit about it. And I regret beating a dead horse at this time....sorta just posting as a self defense to kind of explain the reasons behind what I said. I still buy items from Mudhole and like them.

I am most glad that the majority of us are NOT receiving bad stuff.

However think about this. You can break just a fiber or two or more in a graphite rod and not even know it. So 3 months from now you hook into an exciting fish and the rod just breaks in to. After all the trouble you went to to select it, buy it, build it, and then fish it.....How do you feel about that? Point being when I receive a rod in a damaged box...I have no confidence that it does not have some weakness introduced into it before I received it. Doe NOT give me a happy feeling to take said rod blank now...and build it. I at that point have lost some faith in said blank.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 03:59PM by Jim Williams.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: June 19, 2010 03:48PM

I have used 60 or 70 blanks from MudHole. Never have I had an issue with them.

A triangular shaped re-inforced cardboard shipping container is probably(?) just as strong as round PVC.

But of course I don`t know for sure. I am not into engineering.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Brad Young (65.244.135.---)
Date: June 20, 2010 02:25PM

Is it possible to get these blanks in White? Just wondering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster