I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MHX blank compare to ???
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: June 15, 2010 12:26AM

anyone have been research and do some play around with MHX blanks and what do it compare to ??? as other fourm i have reading that some say that MHX compare to gloomis IMX blank and other say that MHX compare to america tackle co
i'm been looking for a powerful blank that can be use in brozoneback series as gloomis have but i want to building a full series smallmouth bass after i have been list down a buncb stuffs on paper
Josh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MHX blank compare to ???
Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.static.reverse.nodesdirect.net)
Date: June 15, 2010 12:37PM

What I am about to say may be totally off. It is just what I have been told by builders who seem in the know. But do not quote me. I could be wrong.

The MHX blanks were intended to be clones or replacments for the popular Loomis IMX models that are no longer available. They are sold under both the Mudhole MHX logo and the American Tackle Classic Series logos.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 15, 2010 09:36PM

The MHX blanks are manufactured exclusively by Mud Hole Custom Tackle and are only available from Mud Hole Custom Tackle.

For more information on the MHX line of blanks search this form for the many positive reviews, read our response in the link below or better yet order one and see for yourself why the MHX line of blanks has quickly become one of the top selling and hottest line of blanks in the world.
[rodbuilding.org]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Date: June 16, 2010 07:37AM

Manufactured BY Mudhole or manufactured FOR Mudhole? Are you saying that Mudhole owns their own blank making equipment?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 16, 2010 07:41AM

Good question

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 16, 2010 08:59AM

I have NO first hand knowledge, But if Todd Vivian, a respected name within the industry uses the term "manufactured BY" and not "For" I would tend to believe him. I have found the MHX blanks to be high quality, excellant blanks!!

What I fail to understand is WHY is their concern over it?? No one seems to worry about who makes many of the other "Name" brand blanks that we use!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: June 16, 2010 09:04AM

A question was asked. I answered it to the best of my knowledge and even stated outright that I might be wrong and was offering info I had been given by other builders. Mudhole responded that they build their own blanks. This is contrary to what I have been told so I asked for a clarification. Not really sure why you chose to jump on me. Please allow me to get a clarification without being jumped on.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 16, 2010 09:09AM

Sorry it appeared that way. I wasn't jumping on you (or anyone else) Just wondering why anyone would care who actually rolls the blank. It is the quality and design that counts

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: June 16, 2010 09:44AM

just be nice to know. There quality is excellant

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2010 10:47AM

A good many companies have blanks made to their specifications. As such, they are proprietary and can't be bought under another company's name. The number of companies selling house brand blanks is quite a few more than the actual number of companies that manufacture blanks.

Date: June 16, 2010 11:18AM

Understood But MudHole makes there own blanks ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: June 16, 2010 11:30AM

thanks u for nice information, but i'm just wonder what happen if st. croix stopped sell blank and will the next blank be replacemtn like glossmis no longer sell so MHX that keep up on custom rod building and what if st. croix stopped and there be no custom musky rod building but in my opioin MHX should have building some os MUSKY rods in case they cant afford buy a high price end musky blank like st. croix legend but i think MHX can do it as i check it out on gloomis musky rods they has that on finish rod and MHX should ..

but i check it out on MHX line up and i wouldnt use a saltwater blank for musky cos i casting up to about 13 oz range lures but i would use MHX to building for bass, walleye, and pike and anythings expect for musky ....

JOsh

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2010 12:10PM

I don't anticipate that St. Croix will stop selling blanks anytime in the near future. Their owners assure me that their blans sales are quite good and constitute enough of their overall profit that they intend to continue selling blanks for a long, long time to come.

I'm sure if the market for them is sufficient, Mud Hole will add some MHX musky blanks in due course.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 16, 2010 12:48PM

Bill,

I do not think Mudhole makes their own blanks, what they did, by my guessing!... is to design their own blanks, unique to them, and have one of the maker's process them. Meaning the MHX line has their own mandrels and are not part of any other "brand" or company. Again, only a stab in the dark.

DR

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.178.189.72.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 16, 2010 12:51PM

It's my understanding that "MHX rod blanks" applies to everything from forked-stick bait rods to the most delicate of fly rod blanks. I'm very interested in some specific MHX blanks. I"m not interested in the cachet of the brand, but in the performance of individual blanks, particularly 4-piece fly rod blanks in 5 wt. through 10 wt.

Date: June 16, 2010 12:53PM

That sounds reasonable. There are many companies that do that. It was the statement about the MHX blanks being manufactured BY Mudhole that made it sound like they were actually making the blanks themselves. Thats why I asked.

Date: June 16, 2010 01:43PM

Phil Ewanicki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's my understanding that "MHX rod blanks"
> applies to everything from forked-stick bait
> rods to the most delicate of fly rod blanks. I'm
> very interested in some specific MHX blanks. I"m
> not interested in the cachet of the brand, but in
> the performance of individual blanks, particularly
> 4-piece fly rod blanks in 5 wt. through 10 wt.

Phil- the following report is from a professionl guide in the Florida Keys from the Mud Hole Facebook Group (you can see a picture of his fish to) [www.facebook.com]

F910-4-MHX. PROTOTYPE update. tarpon havnt moved into the Keys yet, but today the cobia provided a great test. This fish came out of a school today and weighed in at 19 lbs. The fly rod performed awesome great power i was able to have my way with this fish. I see great things coming from MHX. Too bad my fish was dwarfed by my sons 42 pounder on 15 spin

Regards.

Stay Connected with us:

Date: June 16, 2010 02:01PM

Peter,

Thanks for your interest our MHX blank manufacturing. Because of the high quality of the MHX blanks, the great MHX actions and value added benefits of the MHX blank program (in general the unbelievable value these blanks represent) we can understand why customers want to know more about the manufacturing. For obvious completive reasons, we are not going to get into our proprietary manufacturing in a public forum. We stand by our statements above.

We encourage you to purchase one of the MHX blanks and see for yourself and join the thousands of other satisfied customers – we guarantee you will not be disappointed, if you are just return the blank for a full refund.

MHX Travel 3 & 4 piece fly blanks are currently available at:
[www.mudhole.com]

UPDATE – MHX 2 piece fly blanks will be available the first week of July <<MHX Fly Blanks will feature a never before offered in the history of rod building incredible deal for rod builders – more to come – stay tuned>>

Regards.

Stay Connected with us:

Date: June 16, 2010 02:09PM

I understand thanks. I guess a tour of your blank making facility during your open house in October is out of the question? Just kidding. I look forward to your new models.

Date: June 16, 2010 03:11PM

Yes I understand -- i was just interested in - if you made your own -

You stuff is and I will always say very high quality - I was just interested in if they were made over seas ??

I have herd nothing but good things about your blanks - no offense meant

I guess no one wants to sy - must be a secret ??LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster