I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

crankbait and the tip size
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: May 18, 2010 03:20PM

from the trip st. croix factory, i have been research on most of models and the tip size on all blanks, right now i'm run the page back to batson, and look at the blanks and now i have find 2 different models to make a 8 footer crankbaits, SWB80L is has 7.5 tip with a mod/fast action but the butt diameter is too high 800 and other is ip80M under batson popping seem like prefect with 5.0 to 5.5 size tip and i'm trying to curious if your experince on crankbait tip size
well i was trying to make 2 8 footer crankbait " all porupse " from small shallow crankbait from 1/4 run to larger deep diving crankbait like dd22 or dd30 like 1/1/2 oz i'm work on to see which tip should crankbait to be use to teel the bottom when crankbait bounce.
i just want to make sure that i understand the tip size and the lures contact bottom
Josh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: crankbait and the tip size
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 03:55PM

Josh one last stab at communication.

There is a very top knotch fishing guide who uses this forum that has gone down the crankbait path.

Click on this post:

[rodbuilding.org]

After you have read this post, use the Search thing at the top of this board and enter his name - Alan Beck - in the author window - change the date box to All.

You will be pleased at all the good information posted by the users of this forum.

If you need more information contact me at : [www.swamplandtackle.com]

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 04:49PM

Hi Josh,
I can hardly understand your post but I will list several new Crank Bait blanks in the 8 foot length now available for your review.

CB76H-M 7'6" 3/8?1 1/4oz 0.495 6.0 10? 25lb mod?fast 2.75oz 1 $54.23 Large Crankbaits
CB80MH-M 8'0" 3/8?1oz 0.465 5.5 10? 20lb mod?fast 2.70oz 1 $50.64 Large Crankbaits
CB80H-M 8'0" 3/8?1 1/4oz 0.5 6.0 10? 25lb mod?fast 3.00oz 1 $57.11 Large Crankbaits

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.
Ph: (877) 875-2381
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 07:22PM

Josh,
As Karry suggests, you really don't have to worry about the tip.
Just purchase the blank that is set up for a particular lure weight and line weight.
The tip will match the rest of the blank.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: Capt alan beck (---.txr.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: May 19, 2010 06:56AM

josh
before you make up your mind ,sit down with some time on your hand and talk to bill stevens at swampland he helped me with the 8footer problem about two years ago i throw 964 with all micros on top both live bait and wake bait and your not going to beat this set up!! my biggist
problem now is keeping one on the boat for my self ive sold every one i made last year,and when i say you cant beat this set up ive tryed every 8fter youcan get your hands on there is some close but nothing like this,so take the time to call the swampboys youll be happy!!!!! if you dont sell them when your at the dock and you get to take fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capt alan beck
Gottafish guide ser

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: May 19, 2010 07:39PM

good experince and i have learning after read " alan beck " and i'm able to get hold of bill when i'm ready to challenge to have him give a set up ready for me to built a crankbait rod for my bass fishing need, as soon as i get hold of him i'll sit and listen and have hime xplain to me about it and i hope he would hammer my mind to stick to what crankbait fit to a blank but i'm still research on castaway
i have been learn alot about 8 footer crankbait rods but i havent trying or built 1 yet but i think it was FUN to set hook a bucketmouth with it
just speak to my best friend about 8 footer crankbait and he would like to trying it out as i get hold of bill stevens very soon... but right now pretty busy get myself ready for wedding and move down to ozark county in MO
i'll always keep in my mind of 8 footer crankbait is my nbr 1 on mytop list
Josh

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: May 19, 2010 07:47PM

What did you just try to say?????

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Charles Lechner (---.bankofamerica.com)
Date: May 24, 2010 01:26PM

I built the CB80MH Rainshadow and love it. I used a spiral wrap and think the rod casts very well. Using everything from a small Bandit up to Series 6 SK, DD22, big LC 20 s, big Little Johns, etc. I would highly recomend the rod if you want an 8' crankbait rod. Put a Revo Winch on it and you'll be really pleased!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster