I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for a Pink Blank
Posted by: Vince Nadosky (---.jonathanscott.com)
Date: May 18, 2010 12:56PM

I need 8 ft med heavy action Blank in Pink. It appears largest mudhole had is 7 footer. Something to rival a pink Nightstick is what I am shooting for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for a Pink Blank
Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.sta.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:00PM

Would it be possible for you to extend the 7'er? As far as I know, that's your only option as I'm not aware of anyone but Mudhole that makes pink blanks.

jeremy

Posted by: Timothy Johnson (---.37.166.197.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:05PM

Lamiglas will supposedly paint any graphite blank pink for an extra $14 thru one wholesaler than cannot be named.

Date: May 18, 2010 01:11PM

Well I guess I could take the pink 7 and extend the handle . Also if you could email the wholesaler name that can not be named I would appreciate that

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:12PM

Vince,
I had a local auto body shop mix a pink to match Pepto-Bismol® with a clear coat over for $40.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Cheng Moua (---.mycingular.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:43PM

Doesn't st. Croix have pink blanks?

Posted by: Jason Wenzel (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:54PM

yes im pretty sure st. croix just came out with a pink blank this year. Its in the sc3 line.

Posted by: Jason Wenzel (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:56PM

i just looked and the longest they make is 7' also.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 02:07PM

Home Depot has spray cans of a pink . If you want to paint one.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 03:04PM

They are REALLY easy to paint. I use a flat white for an undercoat, then spray on the pink. Spray on a clear coat after it dries and you are good to go.

Date: May 18, 2010 03:08PM

So say I get one of the CUI blanks that are honey colored. Spray with White - Flat then Find the Pink I like. Then spray with a clear coat. After that I should flex coat the entire rod after I have wrapped everything?

This will be my first paitning of a rod and Am not wanting the paint to flake away after 2-3 months of use

Date: May 18, 2010 03:47PM

The best is nothing at all - or get a blank with no color on it and start fresh - or strip with a mild stripper and clean the honey one, then start fresh. I have used the pink from Home Depot without any white, will not be as bright but it covers well.

Clear no thread finish, use Permagloss or LumiSeal, if you can get one nice wet coat good to go.

Here some reading: [www.rodbuilding.org]

And: [rodbuilding.org]

Might be easyer to extend the 7 footer.

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2010 03:48PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: james o mc atasney (jimmy mac) (---.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2010 02:32PM

Vi nce I would go the easier routeorder the 7 ft blank from Mudhole and extend it, as you say that you are not that good at painting a blank yet, its allways better to go the easier,softer way.

Good Luck Jimmy Mac

Date: May 19, 2010 04:19PM

Here read : [www.rodbuilding.org] Extending Rod Blanks

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster