I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
mar krutz cork?
Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: April 26, 2010 06:55PM

i just got an e mail from Joaquim at Mar Krutz cork. they are promoting their cork line etc.
It almost hit my junk/spam file.
E mail says he was at the High Point show.
Anybody ever deal with them?
Are they lagit.
Decent product/ prices?

Just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mar krutz cork?
Posted by: Andrew Wright (70.58.70.---)
Date: April 26, 2010 07:12PM

I got the same email

the guy probably sent a mass email..

Other than that I know nothing on the subject. Better make sure someone knows him before you send money over seas!

Andrew
Port Orchard, WA
The Pacific Northwest

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 07:25PM

He was at the show with a booth displaying a number of cork items. Really nice people, but know nothing about their business ethics. Maybe Tom will see this thread and respond.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 07:43PM

you are not alone guys. I too got one of the emails. I will say that the do have some NICE looking cork

Tom

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 07:58PM

Got the same email; was a little curious where he got my email address; even though I'm pretty easy to find. I know I didn't sign up for anything at his booth.

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Justin Goodwin (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 08:49PM

I got his email too....I didn't go to the show or his table, AND I just joined this forum like 3 weeks ago. Haven't even built my first rod yet. HA! I replied to his email though....I'll see what he says. Based on his broken english I'm calling this a bust.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 26, 2010 09:02PM

They were at the Expo and displayed some fine examples of cork, a cork veneer, and a machine that cured their thread finish in a few seconds. If they were not legit I doubt they would have been at the show.

It is possible that they pulled peoples emails from this forum as every one who posted including me (I also received and email) has their email displayed.

From my first encounter with them I would have no problem doing business with their company.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 09:03PM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 09:47PM

I agree. I saw them at the show, and they had some great looking cork products. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a try.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 26, 2010 10:08PM

They are not really up to speed on how we do business here. But they are legitimate. Good people. Good products.

Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 10:21PM

They contacted me also.
Their prices are in Euros so the best 1.25" rings are about $1.80 U.S. - which is very good.
Herb

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 11:01PM

I got the same email yesterday. Walt, I was able to get your email in one click from this forum.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: April 26, 2010 11:15PM

i got same email today and i just look at all of corks and i do like of dark color cork as rubberized/cork mix as fenwick make and i wonder where can we get that style in USA and what atore i wonder if they can sell that in any measure like 8 or 10 or 12 " ??
still search for and no luck but only i see they still have a rings but i want a full handle or a split grip either with measure
Josh

Posted by: Walt Natzke (12.22.21.---)
Date: April 27, 2010 03:04AM

Since I didn't get the e-mail (my e-mail address was out of date) can someone forward it to me?

Thanks,

Walt Natzke
Ripon, CA

Posted by: Jason Cosby (---.sub-75-221-173.myvzw.com)
Date: April 27, 2010 05:46AM

Just when I had sworn off cork for good. If anyone tries a batch and it turns to be top notch please let the rest of us know. Walt, the outfit is called Alcatruz Fishing. They have a web page consisting of a logo, address, and phone number, so apparently orders have to be called in. They have a Facebook page that's the same. Looks like a new company to me. We may see them do well if they get online ordering up and running. Email forwarded, Walt.

Jason Cosby
Cos Rods

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2010 08:21AM

There is a little more to this than meets the eye. They are located in Portugal. You aren't just going to call them up and order 100 cork rings. If you do order, you will have to pay the materials excise tax on each cork ring (it was once done by weight, now it's per piece unless something has changed further). You'll also have to pay the international shipping costs.

Joaquim may not understand that the people he's contacting are not distributors. It would be very costly for a rod builder to buy a limited amount of cork from these folks and not expect to pay a pretty hefty sum per ring by the time all's said and done.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 27, 2010 11:24AM

As Tom pointed out, when you find a source as is listed above, it makes sense to get together with several other rod builders and buy 10 or 20 thousand at a time.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: Eric Viburs (---.gc.usar.army.mil)
Date: April 27, 2010 12:27PM

Got the emails as well today. IS he going to be a sponcer?

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 27, 2010 02:04PM

10-20K at a time? Count me in. I'm running low on high-quality cork I bought in the early 80s...and I have been supplementing it for some time now with cork from a source in PA.

Posted by: Ben Claxton (---.tu.ok.cox.net)
Date: April 27, 2010 02:08PM

If someone ends up buying a large quantity, I would be interested in a few hundred rings.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: April 27, 2010 02:50PM

I emailed the guy back and asked for more info.
He sent me some sample shipping charge documents and I think the price of the actual cork is included in there.
I have not had a chance to actually look it over carefully.
I'd be happy to share these with anyone who want to see them and investigate this more.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster