I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

PIGMENTS!! That’s right you asked for it, you got it.
Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2010 09:58AM

Okay everyone especially all you guys that I met at Lamiglas, I have them, I have used them and they are beautiful!!

I am not revealing much more about the product at this time for the obvious reason, other than we have them and you will very soon! I will say they are far superior to those mentioned to me—definitely the best you can buy and not like anything currently available in this market.

What I do need to find out from everyone is what colors you all use the most, what colors you would like to see or what have you tried to find and can’t. Also, if you have techniques or photos you would like to share of your work I would be happy to post them on the website. I will be adding tips and tricks on marbling to share techniques, so anything you think might be helpful or of interest to others please send it my way. BullardIntlD2@aol.com Please send all color ideas to the same email address.

Thanks again for keeping me on my toes, and for your help in bringing the best products available to all those involved in the great craft of rod building.

Silvia Davis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PIGMENTS!! That’s right you asked for it, you got it.
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2010 11:58AM

My oh my Silvia,

Your on a roll. You go girl!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 22, 2010 01:43PM

Will Swampland carry these?

DR

Date: April 22, 2010 01:55PM

Duane,

They most certainly will have these very soon. All Bullard International dealers will have these available and be happy to be of service to you.

Thanks

Silvia Davis

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 22, 2010 04:36PM

Thanks Silvia!

DR

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.mycingular.net)
Date: April 23, 2010 10:53PM

Silvia, probably a stupid question, but are the pigments formulated specifically
for Diamond II, or can they be used with any finish? I haven't had the
opportunity to experiment with the D II I purchased at the show, but wanted to
play around with marbeling.
Thanks
Tony

Date: April 23, 2010 11:39PM

Hi Tony!

Perfectly good question. You will be able to use them with any epoxy. I am glad to hear that you are interested in it and just the little that I have been “playing” around with it has been really enjoyable. I just can’t say enough about the deep richness of the colors and how they look in the epoxy. Someone wrote a post the other day about coloring epoxy and I thought, what the heck I’ll try it—It was a cobalt blue and seriously it looked like the Pacific Ocean when I got it mixed—really beautiful.

We will have a video available on our website for those who want to watch a little instruction and technique before they get started. I am also putting together photos from those who have been doing this for a while. They have produced some really great looking work. The first word that comes to mind is “beautiful”, but I am not sure you guys want your work described that way. It really is though and true artistry of a different kind.

Silvia Davis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster