I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson RX8 Bass Blank Durability
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: April 19, 2010 09:24PM

Just want to see if anyone has feedback on how durable the Batson RX8 Bass Blanks are - preferably if you have more than one season on them.

Thanks,

Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson RX8 Bass Blank Durability
Posted by: Rob Hale (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2010 09:47PM

Not sure what you mean. I have seven of them. Mine have held up fine over at least two hard seasons now. But I don't use them to whack the kids or to poke lures off stumps. I just fish with them.

Posted by: Mike Canavan (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2010 10:10PM

Looking very forward to using my XMB843 for another season of jigging up deep lake trout. Quickly became a personal favorite rod for that use last summer, no negative issues experienced, durability or otherwise.

Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: April 19, 2010 10:11PM

I guess to clarify - how do they do when fished by an average bass tournament angler? No secret - they tend to be a little harder on gear.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 19, 2010 10:31PM

Mark this is a very loaded question.

The blank you note performs like others in its category. The high end bass rods, the RX 8+ included, meet the requirements of highly experienced anglers who know how to use and properly take care of their equipment.

If you are considering the use of this blank to SELL a rod to "unknown" bass tournament angler be sure your pricing and written warranty is fully understood at time of sale.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2010 10:35PM

I am a bass angle, build for bass anglers, and have not had a single failure yet, either with the RX8 or the RX8+’s and would recommend them to any bass angler except a couple I've seen on TV slamming their rods down on the deck after loosing a fish.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.sub-166-156-63.myvzw.com)
Date: April 19, 2010 11:25PM

Well...I've had two break in the last season...but...it was abuse. The first was an XSB843...I tried flipping a fish into the boat that I shouldnt have and I high-sticked it....The other was an XSB783....guy in my club decided that it was a perfect 3/4 oz. rattle trap rod....blank took one whack from a rattle trap and broke.....not really Batsons fault.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Mike Pedersen (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: April 20, 2010 05:57AM

Top Quality excellent blanks. Have several going strong after a couple of seasons and have built out many for customers over the last couple years with nothing but praise.

Riley Rods-Hard Core Grips to Go!-----Carbon Fiber - Composite Grip Store-----Capt Mike's Blog-----No Excuses Fishing Charters

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 20, 2010 07:38AM

Several of the guys Capt. Mike Pederson is building for are using them for Red fishing, and several of those are fishing Red fish tournaments with them. So the rods are seeing both abuse and much bigger stronger fish.

The Micro guides he is using are seeing more abuse as well.

Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.190.---)
Date: April 20, 2010 08:55AM

Ck out Mike Pedersons post a few down, he fishes these rods like that on a regular basis. He and others will confirm the durability of these blanks as far as fishing with them goes. Abuse and improper care will certainly compromise the durability of any blank, and that is ultimately the fate of most failed blanks.

Posted by: Mark Marshall (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: April 20, 2010 09:44PM

I have built 4 blanks this year. 3 for customers , 1 for myself. Today I caught a 15 lb bowfin. Stripped line 3 times from an almost locked drag, 15 lb Trilene big game. Bent a 5/0 heavy Mustad 90 degrees. The rod did not fail. That's all I can say.

Posted by: Mark Marshall (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: April 20, 2010 09:45PM

I have built 4 blanks this year. 3 for customers , 1 for myself. Today I caught a 15 lb bowfin. Stripped line 3 times from an almost locked drag, 15 lb Trilene big game. Bent a 5/0 heavy Mustad 90 degrees. The rod did not fail. That's all I can say. An XSB843.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster