I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alaska Rodbuilders
Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.static.gci.net)
Date: April 15, 2010 12:33PM

I would like to remind everyone there will be a Rodbuilding Club/Group Gathering This Saturday April 17th.

If your interested but have no experience stop by and we will help you get started
If your a Master builder stop on by and help us out.

There is room for everyone in this group

It will start Around 10:00ish and end up around 4:00. It will be at the Peters Creek American Legion. Here are the directions. DON'T use Google or Yahoo Maps. They will get you lost

From Anchorage drive north on the Glenn.
Take the first Peters creek exit
At the off ramp stop sign turn left
Drive untill you hit the 4 way stop sign and take a right there
Now drive about 3/4 of a mil and you will see Post 33 on the left hand side of the road.

From Wasilla drive south on the Glenn
Take the second peters creek exit
At the off ramp stop sign take a right
Drive until you hit the 4 way stop sign and take a right there
Now drive about 3/4 of a mil and you will see Post 33 on the left hand side of the road.

If you have any questions Email me at 907rodbuilder@gmail.com

Or call me at 229-2757

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alaska Rodbuilders
Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: April 15, 2010 07:06PM

Hey Kirk,
Make sure you drop Eldon a line at Tackle repair center he is prepared to help with whatever he can to help promote the gathering. I would encourage you to make a few fliers to hand out at there store. You may also want to mention what you are doing to 3 Rivers in Wasilla they may help you promote it as well. We all know that our rod building friend Paul Rotkis can spread the word as well. The tackle shops just do not want to hassle with rod building classes any longer so good for you stepping up. Karry

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.
Ph: (877) 875-2381
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Ray Mazza (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 16, 2010 06:04PM

OK Alaska guys. I have a question for you. Headed up in June for my first trip. My girlfriend is on her 4th. My job, to find a guide for some fishing in the Kenai pen. area. Looking to spend a day fishing for as many species as we can. Float trip, bank or wade or combo. Too many to choose from without some god info. Anyone willing to help? let me know where you are and maybe we can share a meal or a drink while we're there. Arriving on June 3 and leavnig the 17th. Plan to fish a lot!! Have one day set for Halibut/Rock Fish and maybe a second. One or two for the rivers and streams with a guide. The rest is on our own and maybe a wite water raft trip along with some other stuff. Thanks in advance!!! Feel free to email me direct at midstreamrods@yahoo.com or even call my Verizon cell; 315. 796-5565 Can't wait. Hope it will be at least once per year from now on!
Ray

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.gci.net)
Date: April 16, 2010 07:11PM

Thanks Karry I will have to get some flyers out to them before the next gathering. It looks like we will have some new folks coming out for this one, as well as a few that were at the last gathering. The numbers are growing and I like that. I will keep everyone posted on how it turns out.

Kirk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster