I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Acid Rod
Posted by: Chris Bettell (67.55.150.---)
Date: April 10, 2010 01:48PM

Is there a double double super secret phone number to get ahold of Acid rod? I have called about 8 times during business hours without any luck. I want to order everything for my next rod build from them but I have a few questions. I am new to this. Is acid the type of place that will help with questions or do they basicly just run a online ordering business. I want a place that carries Baston/Rainshadow and fuji products.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acid Rod
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 10, 2010 02:07PM

Hi Chris I just called Mark in reference to your querry and he and Colleen are out of the office right now and will be back on Monday. Try giving them a call then. Mark is an accomplished rod builder in his own right and would give you great advice. They do carry the products you are in search of and they are quite reasonable and very tight on the shipping. Sorry you couldnt contact them but they are usually easy to reach.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2010 04:03PM

Chris,

That's extremely unusual. I wonder if you're allowing for the time difference between your location and @#$%&. They're at least 2 hours behind you. Are you perhaps calling before they open in the AM? Just a thought.

Posted by: Chris Bettell (67.55.150.---)
Date: April 10, 2010 04:41PM

No problem. Yes, I allowed for the time zone issue, so no worries there, this was over the course of the past couple days. I hope my post didn't come off in a bad way, I didn't mean for it to. Some business you run across online are not geared toward cutomer service and others are. I just want to find one that is open to questions and willing to help a newbie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 04:42PM by Chris Bettell.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2010 04:58PM

They are Great People! Geared to a Very helpful Style. Also very well schooled about the items they sell

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 10, 2010 05:01PM

I buy from the first coast and have no problem with communication or delivery. Shipping costs are the best.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 10, 2010 11:36PM

Colleen has told me they were very busy this week. They are in Cally and to me in Jersey shipping has been fast and shipping costs are very nice.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jason Cosby (---.wood.army.mil)
Date: April 11, 2010 10:51AM

I contact them fairly regularly through the number on the site. You must have hit an anomoly. The folks at Acid are some of the most approachable out there and will help out in whatever way they can. Definitely not a cold "big business" attitude.

Jason Cosby
Cos Rods

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 11, 2010 02:13PM

There is no such place as Cally!!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 11, 2010 03:59PM

OK California

Happy

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: James Willard (208.46.72.---)
Date: April 11, 2010 07:52PM

I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Acid rod, they are more than happy to help you understand anything that you are interested in. Every one of my orders has been delivered in a timely manner, and with extremely cheap shipping. Great people, great business, great customer service, and any time I made an online order I always got a call from them the next day as it seems like every time I make an order it is late at night or in the extreme early AM. Good Luck!
James

Posted by: Mark Pearson (---.apacn.com)
Date: April 12, 2010 01:37PM

I purchase nearly all of my material from them. They have been very helpful with any request. I have no hesitation recommending them to any rodbuilder...

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2010 01:41PM

When our phone volume is heavy and all of the lines are tied up, the call will normally go to voicemail after 5-6 rings. We don't have a voice message from you Chris.

Two of us just had the phones tied up for fifteen minutes. Four calls went to voicemail in that time, but no one left a message.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster