I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

new GLoomis offerings
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 03:05PM

In case you missed it (my earlier post was deleted)

GLoomis is coming out this August with a new flag ship line that will be above the GLX line (obviiously production rods) for fly, casting and spinning rods.

Split grips, funky blank colors, proprietary reel seats, and "the best performing most weight efficient guide train ever assembled"...

Going to be using a new graphite and a new resin system that makes a blank that is "20% lighter and 20% more impact resistant and 20% more sensitive than GLX. Overall the new material is designed to be 25% stronger then GLX and because it will eliminate cracking and is better able to resist further damage from nicks and scratches"

-----------------
AD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new GLoomis offerings
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2010 03:28PM

I'd like to talk to you about having an earlier post deleted. No similar post to this shows up in my log file.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 03:29PM

I'll drop you an email. It was last week.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Ed Long (---.ellijay.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 05:01PM

Will this be a shimano product marketed under the gloomis name they purchased rather than a Northfork Composite design ?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2010 05:25PM

I doubt that North Fork is making or consulting on anything for G. Loomis, Inc.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 06:05PM

Micro guides maybe?

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 07:54PM

Shimano got the micro guide information they needed from one of the sponsors on this forum at a Fishing Show held in Houston two weeks ago - not Swampland!

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:08PM

I thought it was interesting about colors - the article said "colors you would not expect from GLoomis" I think.

Definitely going split grips...

I'm guessing micros, or minimas... maybe something to be different.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Will Graham (208.93.35.---)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:49PM

It's an interesting article. Those claims are a lot to live up to. It's just hard to pay 500 buckaroos for a factory built rod. In otherwords, I won't

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 08:55PM by Will Graham.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:58PM

is gloomis return into stock for rod buidling ? i just curious .. i hope so
Josh

Posted by: Francois Larabie (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:59AM

Would be nice to know how this would compare to the NFC blanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 01:20AM by Francois Larabie.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (207.118.60.---)
Date: March 23, 2010 03:46AM

Gary Loomis is no longer affiliated with Shimano or GLoomis rods. He is with North Fork composites. His new blanks are completely new from the ground up. From fabric, resins to mandrels. Gary is introducing a whole new system. Gary claims he product is all American made, the only thing from off shore is the staples that hold the info packs. Check out the North Fork Composites site

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: March 23, 2010 11:13AM

Bob,

I am pretty sure that he has even resolved the staple issue as well. If you do a short search you will see this was discussed previously.

Tom

Posted by: John Lubben (---.static.gci.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 02:51PM

I am not impressed with GLoomis rod quality. I have a brand new Hotshot rod. And the craftsmanship is somewhat to be desired. Yeah it's only a $250.00 rod....Epoxy at the seams, a slight gap here and there on the threads, good thing they are the same color as the blank.. LOL

Date: March 23, 2010 03:35PM

Thanks for the up date Thomas. John if you have a brand new GLOOMIS rod Gary had nothing to do with it. The big S. is the ones who now own the name. Gary has not been affiliated with the company for well over a year now

Good Wraps Bob

Date: March 23, 2010 03:36PM

Thanks for the up date Thomas. John if you have a brand new GLOOMIS rod Gary had nothing to do with it. The big S. is the ones who now own the name. Gary has not been affiliated with the company for well over a year now

Good Wraps Bob

Date: March 23, 2010 03:36PM

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: John Lubben (---.static.gci.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 09:44PM

Ohh I know that. I'm just not impressed with GLoomis rods. The NFO blanks are nice though. I know where Gary is at. ) Someone else was confused. x 3 )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster