I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Big win for inshore micros
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 10:49AM

The Grass Flats Classic Inshore Tx out of Destin, FL was won this weekend by ALX Rods Pro Staffer Bryson Bratcher and his partner. They had 11.8# with big fish of 6.7#

Bryson was using ALX Spinning rods with carbon fiber handles and a 16, 8, 6, 4 set up with Fuji Ti guides. Castaway blanks were in the mix out there as well!

Congrats to the winners and carbon fiber MICRO rods.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

-----------------
AD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 10:56AM by Alex Dziengielewski.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big win for inshore micros
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 11:13AM

Congratulations to the fishermen and the builder!

Need shirt sizes (3) needed for Care Package package - email

Swampboyz

Posted by: Mike Pedersen (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 11:58AM

Nice work Alex!

The Saltwater Micro Invasion has begun. There will be at least 7 teams sporting Micros down in your neck of the woods at the IFA Charleston Tourney on the 20th.

btw, where the 4lbers at ?

Riley Rods-Hard Core Grips to Go!-----Carbon Fiber - Composite Grip Store-----Capt Mike's Blog-----No Excuses Fishing Charters

Date: March 08, 2010 12:55PM

Four pounders in the Carolinas for sure -

Eights at the Mouth of the Big Muddy!

Check out the third cut from the East Side levee bank -

Google World 29 37 44.78 N - 89 42 04 W Elevation 0

The micro rods now have redfish and trout tournament winners in the Carolinas, Florida, Louisiana and Tejas!

Gonna be a fun year for the inshore micro launchers!

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.176.189.72.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 12:58PM

Danged if this thread doesn't closely resemble a commercial announcement. I suppose it's inevitable as sport fishing increasingly becomes a commercial enterprise (big-buck tournaments).

Date: March 08, 2010 01:19PM

Bill, it's a South Carolina thing. They only let you keep the babies. Tournaments have to follow state regs. SC slot is 15" to 24".

I'll keep those #'s for the championship down in Venice. I'll be needing your fishing lodge (party of ten) from Oct 18th to the 25th.

LA's 27" slot and the fact that all your fish are stub tailed does make for the biggest bags on tour.

Riley Rods-Hard Core Grips to Go!-----Carbon Fiber - Composite Grip Store-----Capt Mike's Blog-----No Excuses Fishing Charters

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: March 08, 2010 01:35PM

I believe FL has 15 to 27" - don't quote me. So no little ones!

Two significant things contributed to the winning rods - carbon fiber handles and micro guides. Both started here. So congrats to the board for the info as well.

Sorry Phil if you feel it's a commercial announcement, but there were two significant contributions from the rod board to these rods. Please share when your rods win something significant so we can all enjoy the good news as well.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 02:02PM

It is a commercial
Commercial for Micro guides.
Commercial for Carbon fiber grips
Commercial for the knowledge gained off this Forum.
And with out outwardly stating the obvious a commercial for Rod Maker magazine, were all of it was first published.

Congratulations Axel
And good luck to you Mike!

I would also say it’s a commercial for Alex’s rods, but since virtually everyone here builds their own rods, wouldn’t make sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2010 12:19PM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 02:07PM

Congrats Alex.

FL redfish slot is 18-27" though ;)

Date: March 08, 2010 02:07PM

FL is 27". I was referring to the Charleston tourney.

So, where are those 4lb money fish ?

Date: March 08, 2010 02:26PM

Thanks for the correction Sean! I knew 27", but obviously wrong on short side! What's it matter when you only go big? ha ha!

Mike.. oddly I don't have any in service in SC yet... go figure. Might have to up the ante and get our rods going head to head!

And can't help where the the 4# are... I chase the green fish most of the time - haven't chased reds in Charleston in years (although I am really wanting to get back into the salt)!

-----------------
AD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 02:28PM by Alex Dziengielewski.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.176.189.72.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 03:36PM

Apparently people who fish for sport are being excessed by those who fish for money - the ones who wear flashy outfits covered with advertising and blast about in boats similarly adorned. Can't stop progress, but I can't help think, "How public, like a frog."

I shun all but strictly charity fishing tournaments so there is little chance I will "win" from fishing anything other than enjoyment, good companionship, and pleasant memories. If by accident I do somehow manage to profit in cold, hard cash by fishing you may be assured I will brag about it as loudly as anyone.

Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 04:59PM

Alex, congrats on the success. There's nothing wrong with building rods for guys who wear flashy outfits and win money from fishing tournaments. Hopefully some of my rods will end up in the hands of guys in flashy clothes some day! Don't let anyone rain on your parade, you've worked hard to get where you are and you deserve recognition. Thanks for making the post and letting us know what's going on.

jeremy

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 05:44PM

Congrats Alex! Please post pics of the rods!

Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.reverse.vilayer.com)
Date: March 09, 2010 10:05AM

Congratulations. I like and use micros on many of my rods but we have to be careful putting the reason for a win on the fact that these guys were using carbon fiber handles and micro guides. Because.......................dozens and dozens of other guys are fishing and winning with rods fitted with regular cork and EVA grips and standard large issue guides. They could just as easily say that the reason they won was because of the cork and macro guides on their rods!

It will take time but a shift in tackle is coming. It just will not happen overnight.

Date: March 09, 2010 02:21PM

I do not hear any cautions when a Ford wins a NASCAR race over a Chevy -

There are plenty of horses in all races -

Alex's post is a proof source for the validity of the micro guides and carbon fiber grips used on fishing rods - nothing else.

Custom builders who sell rods are supposed to take advantage of any sales promotional items -

Nothing is better that winning a tournament to spread the word or provide a proof source for a skeptical customer.!

That win will help sale of micro rods for all custom builders!

Date: March 09, 2010 02:49PM

I guess Strike King needs to be careful spending all that marketing money on VanDam winning the BassMasters Classic using a Red Eye Shad in gold and sexy shad... because lots of other tournaments were won using a plastic worm!

Now why would they do that?

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-05rh15-16rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: March 11, 2010 07:20AM

So many fish so little time, Congrats Alex! I personally am happy for you as I'm sure many others are also. Great marketing too. I'm sure Bill and Mike are very pleased also. I hope you get plenty of work to keep you busy for a long time from it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster