I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji "K" series guides
Posted by: Jim Meallows (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: March 07, 2010 10:14AM

I was hoping to get some of the Fuji "K" series guides for the rod I am building for my Dad. I can only find them in Titanium model TKWAG. Any idea when the black ones will be available model BKWAG. Also, what tip top would you use with that series?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji "K" series guides
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 07, 2010 10:30AM

Mud Hole has them. This what your looking for [www.mudhole.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2010 10:33AM by bill boettcher.

Date: March 07, 2010 10:46AM

Tried to order them through mudhole but was told they are not in stock yet. They only have the titanium right now

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: March 07, 2010 10:49AM

Karen at Bingham MIGHT have a few ... they are VERY new and difficult to obtain.

Sorry that I didn't answer the rest of your inquiry ... the matching top is BFAT, just a standard Black Alconite tip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2010 10:54AM by Jim Gamble.

Date: March 07, 2010 10:51AM

There are plenty of other guides being made. i am sure you can find some thing to use

Fuji is not the only one around. plenty of other companies make very good guides
Check out some of the other suppliers on the left

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2010 10:54AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2010 11:50AM

Bill,yes, there are many types of guides being made, but Fuji IS the only "one around" that makes that particular guide, the K series. It's their NEW tangle free guide. As Jim said those particular guides in the alconite series is very scarce at the moment.

Lance

Posted by: Dave Wylie (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2010 12:36PM

I believe that you will find these guides on page 92 of the 2010 Mud Hole Catalog.

Posted by: Isaiah Bumagat (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2010 02:44PM

It seems Fuji is a bit backed up on either production or delivery. I have tried to order some micro alconite giudes from several distributor had they all are backed up those particular alconite guides.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 07, 2010 04:14PM

It sure would be nice if Anglers Resource made an official statement on this Forum. Many of the readers of this forum are using micro guides and some desire the Fuji brand. All the manufacturers are under heavy demand at present due to production rod requirements that are just coming on stream. The vendors on this site are really caught in the middle at this point.

The specific guide in question at present is the new K series guide which includes several advancements such as spade foot shape, definable tunnel under the guide, Alconite rings and frame modifications to assist the locking wrap's resistance to wink knot formation and guide pull out.

Sales of the production rods has exceeded initial projections. The Chinese New Year holiday season put a throttle on rush orders -

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 11:57AM

We have received a few of all the black frame Alconite "K" guides. I checked all the BKWAG for stock and we have several of all the sizes except 30 and there is only one size 30 left. These are not on the site. You will have to call to place your order. We have all on order, but they have been slow to arrive. Quantities are limited on what we do have.

Bob McKamey
bobm@mudhole.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 11:59AM by Bob McKamey.

Date: March 08, 2010 02:08PM

What i can not understand is why fuji is the only type of guide that has to be gotten ??
So many companies make as good and better guides and at better prices -- is it the NAME ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: March 08, 2010 05:34PM

The new "K" series guides are completely unique. They are tangle-free with a forward angle. Titanium SiC, Titanium Alconite and Stainless Alconite versions exist.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Date: March 08, 2010 07:23PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What i can not understand is why fuji is the only
> type of guide that has to be gotten ??
> So many companies make as good and better guides
> and at better prices -- is it the NAME ??

Bill, I am completely new to rod building and am starting with what I know best...surf rods. I am using this guide for my Dad's rod that I am building for him. But if you can tell me who else's guide is as good or better than this one then I am all ears especially if I can save a few bucks.

In the northeast I think these guides and the Fuji name are well known and trusted. I've always been the type of person to spend a few extra bucks for long time value and peace of mind. If I spend a few dollars less and have problems that create frustrations when using the rod and/or having to re-do the rod then there really is no value in that. I want to do it once and be done with it.

But again, I'll check out the other ones that can do the same job if you let me know who they are

Thanks
Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster