I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A quick Expo thought
Posted by: Jon Bial (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 12:56AM

I don't know about some of the other states, but I was happy to find that they have not run out of hot water in Tennessee!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A quick Expo thought
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 07:15AM

I`m not sure what to think of that statement.

Your mind must have been over whelmed from the expo LOL

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 09:04AM

Yeah, it was nice to come home to a shower. But it's not like any of us have never missed a day without taking a shower, LOL.

Posted by: Todd Badgley (---.sip.mem.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 10:46AM

Jon -
We have a little hot water in Knoxville, also about the same in Chattanooga. Memphis it gets spotty depending on the time of year. However, I've heard Shelbyville has run flat out. My provide some answers.... I'm just saying.

It was great to meet ya'll this weekend. It was a lot of fun to hear the stories about Gary developing the graphite technology in the early 80's. It's a memory I'll remember for a long time. I'm also looking forward to trying a new HM blank.

Thanks,

Todd

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 11:16AM

Had plenty of HOT water where I stayed in High Point

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 11:55AM

Staying at the $32 a night Crack motel had its moments, but I had all the hot water I could have ever used…..

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 03:09PM

It's all in how you look at it...

- the ice cold water Sunday definitely woke me up
- the altercation in the street Saturday night, eventhough it woke some folks up - was free entertainment - like "COPS on Location" - very hard to put a value on that
- the stellar service in the restaurant kept me from overeating and that was helped by including +$.75 additional for two rubberized biscuits that might have made good grip inlays - but comparitively priced cheaper than burl!
- the $4.50 for a beer in the bar kept you sober though and if the price didn't slow you down, you might not have been thirsty anymore after the 10 to 20 minutes to get one, and then you might hear they were out of the brand you wanted when they finally made it back

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 03:40PM

I think we found a remedy for the beer concern though. Problem is most cans opened from the bottom!.Thank God there was only one NERB casuality.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 05:20PM

I couldn't afford to stay at the "fancy" hotel with all the amenities but the motel where I stayed had plenty of hot water and clean linen with a microwave and fridge to boot. I didn't like walking around outside at night even with my trusty .357 mag, I only had the six shells that were in it! I don't know what was up with the family next door but there were people in and out all night both nights. I guess they had trouble sleeping or something.

I enjoyed seeing all the folks at the expo and talking to a lot of vendors. I spent too much money again but picked up some cheap blanks and a couple that were not cheap but were some I have been trying to find since last year. I also learned some things in the seminars that I want to experiment with. I'm looking forward to next year! I don't know how Tom manages to pull off an event like this each year but I'm glad he does. Thanks Tom

Posted by: Rick Ballard (209.60.72.---)
Date: February 22, 2010 05:59PM

No hot water either day for me. Breakfast buffet was terrible and service in the bar was pretty slow. However, the diner down the street was stellar and the bud lite in my cooler was ice cold, plentiful, and cheap. The hotel did credit me 10% for my stay after I complained about the hot water and the lack of caffinated coffee in my room. I can deal with most anything but lack of coffee. I was fearing a communist plot.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 08:16PM

Rick, I hit them for 49.95 for the night. The same I paid at the Days inn. Had plenty of hot water but was a 2 mile drive. I didn't want to ( couldn't have)drive after the NERB`s gathering on Saturday night.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Stephen Gilmartin (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 08:32PM

Saturday night sure gave me a new meaning to bubble butt. And Mike use of Abalone is unique and not one I would try nor recommend for the faint at heart. The show was awesome but the nights after were better. I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. My ribs are still sore.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 22, 2010 10:07PM

What is the point in rehashing/bashing?? Stuff happens. Deal with it! As great as the Expo was, I would have stayed in atent!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Michael Shewell (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 23, 2010 01:44AM

What hotels did you stay at to get that kind of treatment Running out of hot water, poor food and rude people next door. PLEASE DO TELL.

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2010 08:06AM

I got to agree with Mike if one has a problem with the hotel they are the ones to complain to, goes to show the only thing Tom couldn't control is where there were problems.
i thought out of the last 4 this one was the best yet and the others were tough to beat
John

Posted by: Robert Moody (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2010 12:19AM

Think about this for a moment. There are thousands of young soldiers overseas that would gladly swap your cold water retreat if only for a weekend. Somehow seems to put things into pespective.Sorry but this is a passion of mine as an ex military man. Really if that's all that went wrong over the weekend that should be great. Someone found my GPS to be more fitted for thier vehicle than mine but I at least had one of those old paper things to find my way home, course I couldn't find my glasses, they probably took them to see how to disconnect my wirting. Thanks for not ripping it out as is so typical Fortunately I had unloaded all my Expo goodies before hand. I work for a security company and get clipped-go figure. Great expo TOM. We're coming next year. I have to now as I opened my big mouth about the INTERNATIONAL HOUSE fURNISHING GALLERY across from the Expo. I better use up my plastic before she gets a running start over there or my shopping will be in the $15 trash can for ssure.

Posted by: Robert Moody (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2010 12:31AM

Les,
Next year look me up as I am a professional guard and definitely carry more than 6 rounds. It takes that many to get sighted in then all you can do is through your gun and hope to hit something. I too felt your apprehension down the street at the drive in car wash as a pack of @#$%& Angels pulled into the stall next to me and started carrying on. Turns out it was all noise and no excitement.. I stayed at the Atrium and although we did not have a "Cops "show ouitside we did have plenty of ice and Hot water plus reasonable rates with breakfast and internet included. Sounds like the berst bargain in town. Same place next year for sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster