I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Best Expo Ever
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2010 05:19PM

Too much to go into and I still have too much to do, but I can tell everyone that the Expo is already the largest in history and many vendors are already reporting record sales. And we still have another day left. Many builders that have been to past Expos, and enjoyed them, are telling me this is the best one yet, by a long shot.

I'll get some photos up early next week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Expo Ever
Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.static.gci.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 06:09PM

Your killing me here Tom. I was almost there........Maybe Next year

Kirk

Posted by: Robert Elam (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 06:41PM

I found High Point on the map! My little bro used to live there. Maybe by this time next year, I can turn him on to wrapping his own and we can make our way east! That's country that might be better than the Ozarks. ;-)

Posted by: Jeff Mahnken (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 08:25PM

Tom This is my First one , But wow Almost to got over whelmed. I'am setting in our hotel waiting for tomorrow. Still have more to see and do. Also everyone I talked to today were super friendly! I can't thank everyone enough!!

Posted by: Mark Messere (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 08:42PM

This was my 3rd expo and it was awesome. I got a bunch of good deals and some great information from top builders and craftsmen. Well done Tom and I hope this great expo will not end with your departure as it's leader this year.
MM

Posted by: Matthew Smith (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 09:47PM

My first one too, and I was blown away! Blew my budget on the first day, had to make 5 or 6 trips out to the truck to unload my backpack that nearly ripped at the seams, barely took time to eat, went to every booth at least twice, and I am going back tomorrow! How I will explain the credit card bill to my wife I will never know!

No joke, this was amazing. Great people and great vendors, and it was obviously well run.

Matt Smith

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 10:30PM

Super show!!! We came down this AM early and left late afternoon. GREAT seminar's, super deals on all the goodies, and it was by far the best one I've been too.

Met many old friends and some new ones that I was pleased to add a face to the name. If you get a chance to go Sunday, GO! You wont be dis-appointed.

Great to see Ray at the Fishstiks booth too, as many know Ray was one of the original owners of Fishstiks4U that served many of us so well.

I'm ready for 2011 show already......if only my wallet was! :-)

Great show Tom! By far the best one I've been too, thanks for having us all.

DR

Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.191.---)
Date: February 21, 2010 10:17PM

I was also glad to see Capt. Ray Brown made the trip to help out in the Fishsticks booth this year, we missed him last year as he truly is a big asset to the booth. Also Jim Parker was very helpful with his saltwater rod building experience, these guys make a great team and I hope to see them next year.

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (---.pool.starband.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 10:06AM

Man, you all are really making me sick!! My wife fell & broke her hand and busted some bones in her face, so I got to stay in Arkansas. Tom, I'll be there next year, if the creeks don't rise.
Bill

Posted by: Brandan Martin (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2010 07:24PM

This was my 3rd show and I had a great time. My work gets so much better just talking to all the talented people. I've made a lot of good friends and appreciate all the effort Tom puts into the show. Also, Morris with his lathe seminar is a great added touch to the show. He truly enjoys helping people. I hope you bring him back next year. With a little luck the I-40 rock slide will be repaired saving me 2 hours of extra driving from Tennessee!!

Posted by: mike burnette (209.105.133.---)
Date: February 22, 2010 11:26PM

Tom,It was my first show!
It was great.
A pleasure to meet you! And I met a lot of really good people.
Also spent to much money.I focused on gitting blanks since it cost so much to ship them.
The seminars were very informative,as I have had no formal training in rod building.
Just books I have read and this forum.
Thanks again for all you do,I am sure all of us have no idea...
mikeb

P.S. Is there a way on this forum to have a thread so everybody will know where everybody is from??

Date: February 23, 2010 08:58AM

I believe you mentioned this to me at the Expo. All it would take is for folks to put their city and/or state below their name or in their signature block in their control panel. Not all would wish to do it, but some probably would and just haven't thought about it. I'll try to make a fresh mention in a day or so when I get a little more caught up.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2010 10:37AM

How about a addition to the user profile? Each member could choose to add town or just State or Zip Code or nothing

Posted by: mike burnette (209.105.133.---)
Date: February 23, 2010 07:46PM

Thanks Tom!
I put my hometown in my signature.
mikeb

Date: February 23, 2010 08:40PM

They already can.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster