I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Verigated thread???
Posted by: Mark Marshall (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: February 18, 2010 10:49PM

One of the members posted some photos of a "Fishhawk Verigated Thread". Is this a new Fishhawk product? Who sells it? Does anyone have any info on this product?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Verigated thread???
Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.191.---)
Date: February 18, 2010 11:06PM

Mark,

This is very new infact the first spool will be sold at the expo this weekend. I would get to the Fishsticks booth quickly if you think you may want some as this will surely be sold out early on saturday. Check out the pics on the photo page. They are very bright and vibrant colors with 1 inch color breaks on a 2 ply Triobal Polyester in size A. This is a very smooth thread with no fuzzys to worry with when finishing. Also this thread is free from any lubricants that will effect your finish application. The wraps on display was done using Chromaseal color preserver and ThreadMaster High Build. I did do a test wrap on several colors without Chromaseal color preserver and the thread did not go transparent but took on a slightly darker apperance. I will have all 25 colors on display in the RodDancer booth for all to see, please come and check them out.

Note: They will be on display in the RodDancer booth, but only for sale in the Fishsticks booth

Posted by: Mark Marshall (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: February 19, 2010 09:00AM

Thanks Mike.

Posted by: Bill Pritchett (---.1.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 04:46PM

Where can I find info on this product? It isn't on any of the websites posted above and I'm way too far away to buy it at the rod expo.

Thanks,
Bill P.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 10:38PM

Roddancer is the company/people that have the thread-do a search for them, Fishsticks were the only booth that sold it, and it went FAST I bought the last spools of several colors and missed out on a few. VERY sweet looking thread and I cant wait to use it!

DR

Date: February 21, 2010 07:50AM

Thanks DR, it isn't listed on the Roddancer web site either but I sent an mail to Scott @ roddancer for info.

UPDATE: My email to Scott bounced

bp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 09:14AM by Bill Pritchett.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2010 10:50AM

Bill,

Since fishsticks carried/carries it, shoot Karen at fishsticks an email, she was really nice and pleasant to me at the show. I'll bet she'll take care of ya.

DR

Date: February 28, 2010 11:04AM

DR,
Evidently the bounce notice was wrong and scott from raindancer replied quickly...without specific info on colors, sizes or price but with directions to make contact with the retailer for info. No offense to anyone but I gotta say that I expected at a minimum some useful product information to directly answer my questions instead of being told to find product info elsewhere. Anyway, I went to the fishsticks web site and the only contact there is another scott. I've given some time to see if fishsticks posted anything about the new veriegated thread on their web but nothing as of this morning. There was no contact info for Karen so I sent an email to the fishsticks contact this morning.

bp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster