I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERBs in HP - tools, jigs, foam, thread, seminars
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 18, 2010 08:08AM

Been looking forward to the 2010 show for quite some time. I've finally decided to get Dec Wrap thread packing tools made to my specs, since there weren't any others which worked the right way. I will be demoing how to use the tool at the booth (like we always do), and will show you how to SAVE HOURS when doing a wrap > simply by having teh proper tool and knowing how to use it > I have a segment dedicated to packing for my Dec WRap seminar on saturday at noon, it will be chock full of tips and tricks and everythign you need to know on doing a wrap will be covered.

Checkerboard jigs - I've designed a new checkerboard jig based on an great design. The jig is really simple, but highly effective and wil allow you to make enough checkerboards for several rods, with minimal cutting & gluing. he jig will work for EVA as well as cork, with a diameter of 1" all the way up to 1 5/8" - so if you want a larger grip with a checkerboard it is no problem at all. I made a sample checkerboard for my Dec GRips seminar on Sunday at 2PM, using 1 1/2" cork rings and 1 1/2" EVA. [www.rodbuilding.org]

EVA Square blocks - I will have a lot of EVA foam, the good stuff - Customgrip 2 for sale. It will be avaialble in teh following colors: Black, REd, Yellow, White. Royal Blue, Bright Green, Brown and the newest color: Variegated Swirl. I will show how to go from a square block to a round grip in a few minutes, during the Dec Grip seminar.

Madeira Shade kits - I get asked every year what colors I use on the wraps I do. I sat down and went through my thread boxes, and selected my favorite colors and put them into a "shaded kit". I've made 11 kits: Royal, Cobalt, Sapphire, Aqua/Turqouise, Red, Purple, Green, Pink, Grey, Yellow/Orange, and everyone's favroite NEon. I also have empty wood spools so that you can transfer the threads from teh main spool to smaller spools so that you can wrap in bands quickly and effortlessly. WIll show this at my seminar as well. [www.rodbuilding.org]

NERB Hats & Tee shirts - I got a few new color shirts, and some NERB hats. I'm a big "hat guy", so I can't wait to sport my NERB hat and wear it proudly around NY. [www.rodbuilding.org]
NERBs tee shirts & hats

We will also have a full line up of Seeker HErcules blanks (display at the NERBs booth, purchase at Mudhole), as well as 9 & 10' Seekers for jetty/surf fishing. I will also be taking orders for anyoen who is interested in any Seeker blank they have at their booth.

Dec Wraps, Visualwrap, and VisualWeave will also be for sale - if you want a copy of Dec WRaps it is to be purchased from Mudhole and bring it over and I'll sign it for you. I will be selling WRaps combos only.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERBs in HP - tools, jigs, foam, thread, seminars
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 18, 2010 08:10AM

As if that wasn't enough - every year we do demos at teh booth. We will be doing that again this year, and we always, ALWAYS have a lot of laughs and good stories & jokesa t teh booth, make sure you stop by and say hello. I've got a surprise planned for this year, should provide a lot of laughs and photo ops with teh rod building paparazzi, lol.

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.gci.net)
Date: February 18, 2010 03:59PM

Billy,
Sounds like a great time. I wish I could have made it. I am going to be @#$%& all weekend at work, Be safe, Have fun, and Enjoy.

Kirk

Posted by: Mark Messere (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 08:53PM

Billy
Saw your Saturday seminar and I have to say well done and thanks. I will probably be up late several nights this week trying some of your tricks. It is rare for a craftmen or artist to openly share so many secrets and I applaud you for sharing. Thanks.
MM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster