I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Rodsmith H3 Titanium
Posted by: Justin Duhon (---.gt.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 10:38PM

Guys I'm looking for a blank for my Dad, he has a H3 Titanium from American Rodsmith and he likes it a lot and wants another rod like it but the have crap real seats for lack of better words and thats what they say is the best part of the rod. Any way whats yall's thoughts on blanks that are equivalent to his. They call it a 84 Million modulus hybrid because its suppose to have titanium strips in it I call all that marketing B.S. just like the handle but anyways it a 6'9" med fast 1/6-5/8 oz rated blank 8-20lb rating I think that is a little broad to be accurate but thats what it says.

He is looking for high sensitivity and will be throwing mostly a Zoom super fluke with 4/0 hook or maybe a Senko weightless or possibly with a 1/8oz weight.

Just for reference he has a St.Croix Avid series SCIII 6'8" ex fast 3/16-5/8oz and he says it is not as sensitive as the the American Rodsmith.

I have a scV St. Croix custom built from 04' (I'm sure the new ones are better blanks) that I may let him fish with to see if he thinks that is as sensitive for a reference.

But at the $269 price point on the American Rodsmith I would think that the avid would have compared.

My personal opinion is that most of the price of the AR rods cover marketing thats all they are is a bunch of hype.

My thoughts are MHX (which from what I'm told compare to IMX Loomis)

MB782-MHX or MB843-MHX

[www.mudhole.com] link to the spec sheet for these blanks

All opinions are appreciated would like to keep blank recommendations to blanks under $200, under $100 if possible I'm open to any brand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Rodsmith H3 Titanium
Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.gci.net)
Date: February 16, 2010 03:12AM

I highly reccomend Rainshadow Blanks. Bang for the buck they will give most blanks a run for their money.

Just my 2 cents

Kirk

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 16, 2010 03:51AM

Give Kerry Batson a call at Batson Rainshadow and he well set you or Josh at Lamiglas.
Good Wraps Bob

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Bill Pulk-Midwest rod and reel (64.122.91.---)
Date: February 16, 2010 05:13AM

JUSTIN TAKE A LOOK AT THE BATSON ISB802.75 OR THE ISB822.5...THESE ARE TWO OF THE BEST ROD BLANKS IN THE ISB SERIES...BOTH WOULD FIT THE BILL NICELY....CHECK THEM OUT HERE AT MIDWEST ROD AND REEL
[www.midwestrodandreel.com]
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF WE CAN BE OF HELP TO YOU

Bill@midwestrodandreel.com
www.midwestrodandreel.com

Posted by: Rick Bennett (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2010 07:22AM

Justin, The American Rodsmith rod is for real. The titanium strips are for real, The guides are titanium SIC and that is one of the reasons it is so expensive. I have tried to get them to sell me some blanks and they will not, nor will they give me any info on where they are bought. Possibly the best inshore blank made, Very sensitive and very strong! If anyone gets a lead on these blanks I would like to hear it.

Posted by: Dennis Dickson (---.lightspeed.cyprtx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 16, 2010 09:15AM

I would look at the Batson or Castaway blanks. I would also use micro guides and spiral wrap. I

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster