I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Upcoming 2010 ICRBE
Posted by: Clyde Alho (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 11, 2010 06:55PM

Again this year, we will be a vendor at the ICRBE. As in the past expos
we will be demonstrating our EcoWrapper and optional accessories.

What's New! This year we are introducing our new User DVD which will be
included with the EcoWrapper. Also, a new feature has been implemented
into the EcoWrapper. With this feature the user will not have to rethread
the thread delivery system in between wraps. At the end of one wrap the
user can enable the thread feed to stay loaded for the next wrap.

Thank you to all that have purchased our EcoWrapper system and others that
have shown interest. Please stop by our booth "E6" to say "Hello" and see
a demonstration of the EcoWrapper system if you have not already at past
expos. If you have seen a demonstration stop by and see our new feature and
User DVD. The new feature can easily be adapted to existing EcoWrappers.

A special thanks goes out to Tom Kirkman for all his hard work again
putting on another expo. As in past years it should be fantastic!

Clyde and Connie Alho
The Rod Shop, Inc.
www.therodshop.biz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upcoming 2010 ICRBE
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 12:23AM

Clyde, I'll be there and am really interested in the thread feed improvement.

See you in about a week!

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 10:04AM

Clyde I watched you very carefully from a respectful distance at last years show. I was really amazed at the thought and design you have used to build a manual wrapping system with so many features! The ergonometrics of the thing which allow in your face guide wrapping without hunching over simply blew me away.

I too wrap one piece rods from a stationary position while moving the rod - do you have a ceiling mounted loop system to hold up the butt sections when wrapping near tip guides - I presently use a noose hanging from the ceiling and would like something better.

A couple of more suggestions for you to ponder - many many builders using the micro guides! The little things present many unusual problems -

How about a force field to grab the little devils when dropped or pop loose during the wrap start - white, soft cloth cover for base to keep them from bouncing or anything else you can think of to make handling easier. If you have not messed with them I will give you some at the show - maybe you can help us all!

Posted by: Clyde Alho (165.27.246.---)
Date: February 12, 2010 11:35AM

Bill,

Your noose hanging from the ceiling sound like a great solution for wrapping tip tops on long rods. My
system does not use a ceiling mounted loop system but uses a moveable steady rest with a unique
groove that the rod butt section rests on with the tip part resting over one of the rod saddles so the tip
top is in front of the thread carridge. Works well, no complaints from customers to date.

I have not messed with micro guides that much yet, but someone did bring one by my booth last year to
do a Forhan wrap on my wrapper after he went to the seminar. Pease do stop by my booth, it would be
great to meet you. You got me thinking now about how to handle wrapping those little devils. Lets put
our heads together at the expo.

Clyde

Posted by: Clyde Alho (165.27.246.---)
Date: February 12, 2010 01:43PM

Phil

Do stop by my booth at the expo, it will good to see you again.
I will give you a demonstration of the new thread feed feature.

Clyde

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 12, 2010 03:43PM

Anyone that hasn't seen the Eco Wrapper in person should stop and see Clyde. Very innovative wrapper!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster