I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Renzetti Inc motor
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 10, 2010 07:15PM

I have a older Renzetti rod lath Clemons style. I replace the motor a couple years back. I got the motor from Renzetti. Well last night while turning in cork it just stopped. Check fuses, surge protector all are working. I even disconnected it from the foot pedal and put it i direct power nothing. I see no place to put bushing externally. The motor is a DAYTON AC-DC series 115 Volts Amps is 115. Any one have any ideas. Hey this is a great unit. I am not a electric guy. So make any suggestions simple. At the same time I got their up graded foot restate also. any info will help Thanks.

Good Wraps Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renzetti Inc motor
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 10, 2010 07:48PM

Bob,
If you have used the motor a lot, it is possible that the brushes in the motor have worn out.

You can check fairly quickly be disconnecting the motor leads, taking the motor off the unit, and then removing the screws which hold the end of the motor in place. If you open the motor slightly, you can peer beneath the cover of the motor and check the status of the brushes.

The brushes are carbon devices that have a flexible wire connected internally in the motor to bring current to the motor armature.

The other possiblity is that you have a broken wire - either externally, or internally in the motor.

You really need to use an ohmmeter to check this out.

If you aren't electric - guy - handy, it might be a good idea to take the motor off the wrapper and take it to a friend or service center who can quickly check out the motor.

---
The Dayton motor will have a model number on it.
If you find that you don't want to, or can't replace it, you can go to:

Graingers.com - and do a search on the motor model number and order a new motor.

Take care ]

Roger

Posted by: Ben Lee (---.lax.megapath.net)
Date: February 10, 2010 09:02PM

Bob,

Please disconnect the unit power cable before doing any work that Mr. Roger suggest above.

Safety First.
Ben

Date: February 10, 2010 09:40PM

Thanks Guys! There is a Graingers in Olympia. Could it be the heavy duty foot peddle. Like I said it is this unite well spin at over 8006 RPM an is a AC-DC

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 10, 2010 09:57PM

Most likely the brushes are worn or dirty. Disassemble and inspect the brushes. I have fixed several by simply cleaning them.

Date: February 10, 2010 10:25PM

Thanks Tom Has anyone heard of a company that make foot controls called Buffalo Dental MFG. that is why my foot pedal from Renzetti came from. When I check it out all I get is dental supplies for teeth LOL'' it is not funny

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 10, 2010 10:49PM

Bob, Mine is a CLASSIC VARIABLE CONTROLLER, made by LINEMASTER cat.no. 77SN7A, LINEMASTER SWITCH CORP.
from WOODSTOCK,CT This pedal came with my RENZETTI when purchased new.

Date: February 10, 2010 11:05PM

Dennis it sounds like he uses different peddles. I got mine motor and peddle less than 2 years ago. My motor is a Dayton and peddle is a Buffalo Dental. I can not find any info on the peddle, Granger has my motor for 93 bucks

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 11, 2010 08:08AM

Bob,
I have found that the quality of the Daytom Motors has dropped drastically in the last 4 years. My original motor from 1986 lasted 12 years. Once I replaced it, it has been a constant revolving door at Grainger to keep replacing them. I have been averaging about 7 to 9 months with eachmotor now.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT:

Since the motors have not been lasting long, Grainger offers an extended warranty for $20 (I think), and it extends the warranty replacement period out to 2 years. GET IT!!! It has saved me a lot of money!!! I have not paid for a motor in years!!!!!!!

Kevin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster