I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alps printers
Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: February 09, 2010 10:47AM

Could someone tell me if they know what the difference is between the Alps 1300 and the Alps1000. I know the operant difference is 300 but thats it.
Thanks
Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alps printers
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 09, 2010 11:56AM

Paul your problems with the Electrics and Decal Connections color waterslides will seem like a grain of sand as opposed to Mt. McKinley if you start off dowh the Alps road!

Date: February 09, 2010 01:27PM

you are probably right Bill but i have been trying the Electric paper and for the life of me i can't get it to stay down. I even did one and wrapped it with threat to keep it in place until everything was dry. Took the thread off and all sides lifted. Should i use micro sol and micro set with the paper you sell?
Really confused
Paul
PS I will not give up!

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Date: February 09, 2010 02:06PM

The white vinyl and the silver holoshine in the kit require nothing to hold them down even on small diameter blanks.

No to the Micro Sol on the media in the Swampland kit. That is a waterslide aid only.

If you are looking for an Alps you have past the give up stage and have admitted total unconditional surrender!

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2010 02:17PM

Paul the difference is the 1300 was Dye Sub capable where the 1000 isn't for our purposes it doesn't matter as dye sub isn't used in making the decals, back when Alps actually sold the printers they use to have a link to a site that said don't use dye sub for decals as the ink isn't the same as used in the regular cartridge.
That said I tell you the same as I told Bob forget them I would guess 95% of those being sold today have problems and repairs are impossible to get,in addition the cartridges are getting hard to find and some are gone completley save your money
Bills kit and decal connection are a much better investment
John

Posted by: stan mclean (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2010 02:45PM

I have an Alps 2010 and love it.

Posted by: Vella (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: February 09, 2010 10:01PM

I have an Alps 1300 and love it

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 10, 2010 08:44AM

Go with a Foilfast by powis parker. You have support and parts are easily available.

Sorry, but wanted to throw in my 2c on the subject. I had 5 alps printers and I wouldn't use one to chuck up my truck.

Sorry. I just have a bad taste in my mouth for all of the money I lost going through the journey of getting a printer.
kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 09:28AM by kevin knox.

Date: February 10, 2010 10:20AM

Kevin if you can sell Paul L. that printer for a list price of $ 2,634.00 I will buy your abalone instead of producing counterfit "swamp baloney" with my Invisiline 13AA Software- Inkjet Printer and teh secret Bubble Up Holo Media. I hope this proprietary information does not cause you to up-chuck on your truck!

The Black Widow will bite all!

Swamp Boyz

Date: February 10, 2010 10:40AM

OK i get it there is no reliable used Alps printer although thy ere are some that are printing great Decals. On the other hand i am not going to be in the business of selling decals and i am not going to spend 2600 on a decal printer so i guess the swampboyz will be stuck with my silly questions until i get it right.

Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 11, 2010 08:12AM

Paul,
I didn't mean anything bad by it. That said, Bill will take care of you. Being in business like I am, the printer made perfect sense and the fact that I am not a computer geek, I needed an option of tech support. With Alps, you are an island. Figure it out yourself or go to some pretty weird chat rooms online to get it fixed. That was just not an option for me.

Kevin

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 11, 2010 12:46PM

no problem kevin the Foilfast is just more than i need. It does look good.
Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster