I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Count down to Expo
Posted by: Jeff Mahnken (---.supptctr.clemson.edu)
Date: February 01, 2010 08:14AM

Hotel paid for, Money in pocket, Seminars Chosen, List of things I need and want to check out. Now I just have to wait :-( ... Tom any Good Restaurants off the beaten path? Like me my Wife and Daughter both have an adventuress out look on food.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Count down to Expo
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 01, 2010 08:54AM

The City Convention Group will have a representative in the ShowPlace Atrium. They have books to hand out that include area shopping and dining opportunities.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 11:04AM

Jeff I can gaurentee you that you will get so involved in picking components and shaking blanks that you will be running to the seminar room at the last minute . Make sure you set the alarm on your calendar to remind you. Been there done that every year.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 11:55AM

Fred, you going to be down there again this year?

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 02:31PM

Jeff, my wife and I really liked Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery (914 Mall Loop Rd). Everything we ate was great. The earlier the quieter. I think we ate there 3 times.

I liked Biminis Oyster Bar & Seafood (2140 North Main Street) but all my wife liked there was the sweet tea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 02:35PM by Chuck Mills.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 09:05PM

You bet. Will show up some time Friday morning.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: February 02, 2010 06:38AM

Hey Fred, Thanks for the info. I am grabbing the phone now!! The Oyster bar sounds right up my Wife's alley. Will Definitely Look Bimini's up, Thanks. Can't wait I am so new to rod building I think I will be overwhelmed with all the info. Maybe I can get my Wife and Daughter to take notes for me.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: February 02, 2010 12:44PM

Jeff, here's an idea my wife used at our first expo. Get a small notebook and some scotch tape. As you proceed through the vendor booths, tape their business card on a page and make notes of everything from that vendor that interests you. That way you don't end up at home wondering why you have a business card from...insert name here. This also gives you more time to do a quick run through of all the vendor booths. You can look at your notes while you eat lunch on site and then hit the ones (in between seminars) that you really need to spend some time with.

Date: February 02, 2010 01:47PM

Chuck, That's a great idea. Thanks

Posted by: mike burnette (209.105.133.---)
Date: February 03, 2010 09:55PM

Chuck,Thats a idea I am gonna use!!
thanks mikeb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster