I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

2010 Classic
Posted by: Frank Downey (---.btlral.dsl.dynamic.tds.net)
Date: January 29, 2010 11:00PM

What rod building vendors are going to be at the 2010 BassMasters Classic this year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2010 Classic
Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.reverse.vilayer.com)
Date: January 29, 2010 11:08PM

I think the classic was set right on top of the Expo and since the bulk of the rod builders will be at the Expo my guess is that most of the companies involved in the rod building industry will also be at the Expo. Not sure. Maybe the classic has a site where the vendors they have on board will be listed. I think their vendors are more finished rod and reel related.

Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 07:25AM

Last year there were not any rod building vendors there, so I guess there will not be any there this year.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:13AM

Castaway Rods, a sponsor a sponsor of this Forum, associated with Swampland Tackle will be represented at the Classic with Staff Elites entered as well as a maintaing an Exhibitors Booth. Many blanks and components will be in Birmingham and High Point on the same dates -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 09:14AM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:16AM

Bill what blanks and components? Just Castaways? Or will there be other companies to?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:19AM

The BassMasters Classic won't feature 1/100th the amount of rod building blanks, components and tools that the Expo will. Likewise, the Expo won't feature 1/100th the amount of general freshwater fishing tackle that the Classic will. Two entirely different events and each with an entirely different focus.

Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.188.---)
Date: January 30, 2010 10:04AM

I doubt very seriously if you can buy blanks and components there, mostly what rod companies that will be there will promote there factory rods and that will be a small handful of vendors.

Date: January 30, 2010 11:28AM

Edit to above post:

Sure need to be precise with all posts on this forum:

Castaway blanks and components will for sale in the Swampland Booth at High Point -

Finished production Castaway Rods will be in use by anglers and for sale at the Classic in the Castaway Booth in Birmingham - no blanks and components will be available.

Sure would be neat if one of Castaway's Staff was on the leader board on the weekend - We sold a lot of the XP3 874s when Cliff Pace was in the top 5 at a previous ICRBE. The ESPN feeds sell a lot of stuff in both places.

Anyway you cut it that will be a fine fine weekend for both rodbuilders and fishermen.

Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-06rh16rt-07rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 03:03PM

I was at the classic last year and there was one rodbuilder from Louisiana their on the 2nd floor of the expo, building a rod onsite. Over 30,000 people visited that expo which was free to the public in 2 days. He was swamped. I even told him that I was surprised that he was there and not at High Point. He told me that the Bass Master Classic was in his backyard and he wasn't going to miss it for nothing. I told him that was why I was there also. It was the biggest as far as attendance they've ever had. I was thankful that I had reserved seating for they big show. For those of you that have never been you can't even imagine, as a spectator. They turned away several thousand at the door that had waited for hours to get in to the weigh in.

Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.reverse.vilayer.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 03:24PM

To each his own. Choosing between watching fish being weighed and being able to see thousands and thousands of rod blanks and all manner of seats, grips. tools, cork, finishes and everything else and at prices that cannot be beat, well thats a no brainer for me.

Date: January 30, 2010 03:58PM

I just looked at the vendors list for the Classic -

When two events of this magnitude are scheduled on the same date many are forced to make a business decision.

Something kinda interesting - If I overlooked anyone I am sorry

I see only two sponsors on this forum that were forced to make a choice of priority.

Castaway and St Croix

Castaway trusts Swampland to represent their products in a professional manner.

St Croix - Both Classic and High Point

St Croix chose to send their top rod blank designer to be with the rodbuilding community.

Many of us are looking forward to seeing Jason Brunner and attending his seminar.

We are looking forward to seeing all those that have rodbuilding as top proirity at high Point.

Do What You Gotta Do!

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 06:09PM

I have attending both. And yes the Classic is spectacular with all the light shows and colors, the music and entertainment.
Depending on what a person is looking for, I could recommend both.

If you are looking to be entertained and an opportunity to spend money on baits and such go to the Classic.

But if you are looking to be educated and investing into your future either as a business owner increasing your knowledge and skills through seminars, and profit margins from savings, and purchasing power.

Or as a hobbyist just looking to learn how to better improve on what you can currently do and save some money on supplies.
Then the only place to be is the Rod Expo.

Another advantage to the business owner;
Any time you spend money to further your education in respects to that business.
It’s a tax right off.
Travel
Accommodations
Food
Even the event tickets can be written off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster