I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CTS
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.t1.cavtel.net)
Date: January 29, 2010 10:37PM

I recall all of the buzz about CTS when they first hit the streets and then as I understand it they ran into some sort of production/delivery problems.. What is the word on them? Is there anyone out there still using them? I have an early blank that I picked up from Andy and it is still my absolute favorite spinnerbait rods. I do have to say, the blank that I have which I don't recall the exact model # right now is very light, well balanced and imo very sensitive.Might pick up another along the way just to give it a shot.

Tom Kaufmann

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CTS
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2010 10:42PM

Thomas;
You can still purchase them from Scott Parsons
“Fish Sticks” [www.fishsticks.us]
Was in his shop last week and he had some in stock and can order anything else you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 10:43PM by Steve Gardner.

Date: January 29, 2010 10:55PM

Good evening Steve

nice to hear from ya! I know that you enjoy the rx8+ quite a bit. Do you know of anyone using CTS for bass fishing or have you tried them? It has been quite some time since I got mine. I think that it has been something like 5 years or so.

Date: January 29, 2010 11:54PM

I have two personals
1 for spinner baits that was built to my specs, and the other is a shaky head setup that was sent to me as a proto type for a drop shot blank they were working on, I found it a tad to stiff for that and use it for the shaky head.
They eventually went with a slightly different blank for drop shotting, and I have built several on that blank for doing so.

But I personally prefer the RX822.5+ for drop shotting.

Date: January 29, 2010 11:57PM

Steve,
thanks for the feedback!! I am looking to put a couple of new pitchin sticks in the lineup as that seems to encompass most of what I have been doing here in the local waters besides crankin.

thanks
Tom

Date: January 30, 2010 12:01AM

I've not built on a CTS for pitching. But had a blank in my hands at Scotts that had me thinking that direction.

Date: January 30, 2010 01:05AM

do you recall which one it may have been?

Date: January 30, 2010 09:09AM

Looked at many blanks of several brands that morning and do not remember, But I will shoot Scott and email maybe he can tell.

Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.188.---)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:57AM

I have a CTS I use for dropshotting and havent found anything that compars to it. Its a Elite Bait Tournament 161026 built with Fuji Titanium singe leg spinning guides. A bit pricey set up but very nice. Give Fishsticks a call Scott can help you out.

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 04:12PM

Does this mean CTS is currently able to ship blanks in a timely fashion? Or does one have to wait a long time if the desired blank is not in stock?

Posted by: Terry Morrell (---.dsl.wch2ks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 07:37PM

I'm going to find out if things have improved, I have one on order. The last time I ordered it took around 8 or 9 months to get. Not trying to scare anybody off.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 09:18AM

Steve,

I appreciate you getting in contact with Scott, for me. I would have posted sooner however the snow over here in VA kept me quite busy to say the least yesterday. I know that I will certainly be checking them out at the show for sure if Scott brings them.

Posted by: Scott Parsons (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 02:10PM

Thomas, I'm not exactly sure which Blank Steve is referring to, but I will have all of the CTS that I have in stock at the show. Thanks

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 05:08PM

FANTASTIC!!!!! Look forward to doing some business with you! Do you happen to have a current inventory of what you have on hand electronically? I looked on the site but didn't find them.

Thanks,
Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster