I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How fortunate you are
Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-06rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: January 29, 2010 09:23PM

How fortunate you are to live relatively close to High Point in February. How fortunate you are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How fortunate you are
Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.reverse.vilayer.com)
Date: January 29, 2010 11:14PM

No matter where something like this would be located, some will be close by and others will be far away. The question is.......is the event good enough to make a long trip worthwhile. As far as the Expo goes, you betcha!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 05:16AM

I come from Michigan. This will be 6 for me and I wouldn't miss it!!!! The NERB'S alone are worth the trip!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 05:16AM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 08:45AM

Traveling from New Jersey. 3 for me Do not want to miss it

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:05AM

There is NOTHING even close to the show - not in person, not on DVD, not in a book. There are folks that come in from all over the world ... Europe, Asia and South America. Some even come in pink shoes!

IMO, attending the ICRBE show should be the #1 priority of serious hobbyists and all professionals.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:36AM

Rusty;
Ask the guys coming from over seas how fortunate you are to live close to High Point.

I am fortunate enough to live close, but unfortunately the event also falls on the opening tournament of one of the Bass circuits I fish each year.
Missing that tournament has cost me a potential angler of the year championship, and a second place for a year finish, missing both by as little as one or two fish.

But there is so much value in the Expo that I chose to take that chance, and will be doing the same again this year.
The guys from over seas see the value of they wouldn’t be here.

The point is not how far or close you live, it is; understanding what is to be gained by Attending and the value it brings.
At least in your case there will be several others attending from Texas that you might could ride up together sharing expenses and saving you money making the trip easier.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 01:04PM

Coming from California and would not miss it!

Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-06rh16rt-07rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: January 30, 2010 02:26PM

I completely understand with each of you and the desire and the willingness is all there and I've even tried to add extra work to my schedule for 6 months so maybe there is a slim chance. I welcome the knowledge that would come from such an event, but I just don't know if it is possible yet. Perhaps I will have to wait to the last minute to find out and if so then I hope to meet each one of you there.
Steve, I put out feelers on this website 4months ago for this event and am willing to do my part in every way and only got one hit and they backed out a month or so ago. I put out another and got no response.
Pink Shoes huh! That would be a sight.

Posted by: woody osborne (---.dyn.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 10:54PM

i am very happy to be 96 miles, 1 hour and 39 minutes away from high point! i have been twice to the expo and have came away both times feeling delighted. i am ,how shall i put this, TIGHT with a dollar(i am even TIGHT with a penny!) but my mindset at the expo's is that i go in with an attitude that i AM going to spend the bucks here today, right now, for what i want. it is a bad economics to not buy for me when i have it before me. i have built very few of the dozens of rod blanks i bought but where can you possibly get the deals that show up there? if you have an answer for that let me know!
i was able to buy a blank, match it perfectly with cork grips and reel seat on the spot at the booth(swampland's). of course you can do that in almost all of the displayer's booths. what a great deal for those who can find the means to get there. i hope to go again this year.
great deals for the rodbuilder there is all i have to say!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster