I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dear Mr. Nerb Leader
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 03:16PM

Thank you for the heads up on the Nerbs in the Carolinas test casting today.

Please forward this .org thread link to one of the ringleaders chunking lead.

The components in the attached picture line will please all manufacturers present at the ICRBE!

This is a complete set of guides for a six foot six rod - wonder which one it will be casting or spinning?

Only the Shadow Knows!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Only a month away!

Clyde will leave late next week up the Intercoastal to the Tombigbee Waterway!

Bob ain't on the Duck this year - if anybody will volunteer to throw him a chikin please let us know and I will provide GPS coordinates.

[www.swamplandtackle.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 06:39PM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dear Mr. Nerb Leader
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 07:15PM

English only at the tables please.

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 23, 2010 07:53PM

As one of the attendees at the Carolina’s Nerb event
I feel compelled to warn Clyde that also in attendance at said event was the reining "long distance” casting champion, who currently holds the titles in all but one of the long distance casting categories.
For the record his longest cast currently stands at 834 ft.

I would tell you that he accomplished this with a 5’6” ft micro guided rod, but I’m afraid it would scare off some the competition so I won’t.
Besides the rod may have been a couple ft longer then I remember, maybe even had bigger guides, can’t seem to remember

I can tell you most certainly; that a couple of builders spent an extensive amount of time receiving some personal one on one casting instruction that could have far-reaching improvements on their current casting abilities.

I can also tell that at least one of those attendee’s will be making some adjustments based on information gleaned from him, I can’t tell you who that person is, but he be there Friday with rods in hand.

Date: January 23, 2010 08:43PM

Mr. Spiral Micro:

The clandestine cast off in the dark at last years event started my quest for retribution.

What you saw this weekend probably was interesting to you!

I ain't been sitting still!

Several months ago Mr. Jerry Poindexter in Dallas aided me in the acquisition of a world class European Rocket Tournament Casting reel from a pawn shop in North Dallas. I was able to locate an experienced tournament caster and reel tuner in Virginia to refurbish the reel and install the magnetic side plate with manual breaking screw adjustment. I have determined it was one of the original reels used in the competition you note where the distance was 860 ft.

You say you have tips!

I have been dealing with these fine gentlemen for approximately four months - they have tuned the reel, loaded the tournament line and balanced the spool and set the magnets. The also built me another smaller real using the same technology - they have even calibrated the system for line retreival after each cast Reel 1 - 9.25 cranks per line layer Reel 2 5.0 cranks per layer to maintain full balance. Are you bearings lubricated?

Since you now imply you are bringing a ringer I will offer my guy a fully paid trip and let him make the chunk for me!

Just because we are Swamp Boyz don't mean we are stuck in the mud!

You will freak when you see the reels!

By the way did you look at the pictures of the guides?

Have a nice day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 09:56PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.nclxtn.lexcominc.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 09:45PM

I'd like to see you guys set a hook at over 800 feet.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 23, 2010 10:07PM

Bill;
Thanks for the link.
The man in the video “Tommy Farmer” was the gentile man sharing info today. I guess my memory was a bit short on the distance quote to.

Yes I looked the guides. Would like to see one in person, not sure I like them yet.
It will be interesting to see how much if any they add to performance
Never suggested you were stuck in the mud. You one of the wiliest swamp boys I ever met.

Date: January 24, 2010 11:01AM

Steve, I trust you did not arm wrestle with Mr. Farmer!

He handles that 13 foot rod like a pretzel -

Sammy eight ounces of lead sets the hook -

That guy could sail a lure over the top of the Show Place!

Posted by: Steve Gardner (71.77.140.---)
Date: January 24, 2010 12:45PM

Bill
I may look stupid, but I know when to back up and keep my hands in my pockets.

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: January 25, 2010 09:26AM

This is the kind of smack talk and disinformation that I hoped the contest would bring out!

I will throw this in. I work around some of the world’s foremost authorities on high speed rotor dynamics, we routinely balance assemblies that operate at a tip speed of up to 530 M/s, do the math and you will see just what RPM we use with a wheel diameter of say 50mm…

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster