I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Micro Rod Shop Management Software
Posted by: Ben Lee (159.83.196.---)
Date: January 19, 2010 11:38AM

A friend of my is looking for a software to manage his Custom Rod Shop. Is there such software exist already for his needs ?

A. Estimates
B. Billings - AR/AP
C. Inventory Control

That's it for now. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Micro Rod Shop Management Software
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2010 11:51AM

Ben,
Any of the many many small business software that is currently on the market will work very well for the business.

Take care
Roger

Date: January 19, 2010 11:57AM

He is thinking about one that gears toward Rod Building. Graphical display of blank, guides, handle, reel and custom wrapping. He is thinking about investing on building this software if it is not yet thought of.

Thanks Roger !

Posted by: justin keithley (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: January 19, 2010 12:04PM

i've contemplated writing something myself. It would be nice to be able to pull up inventory lists w/ pictures and quoted prices for previous builds and be able to see the updated component costs. I always run into the off-the-cuff "oh yeah, that'll cost 200 bucks" only to find the blank, guides or cork has jumped in price and i'm way off.

i'll get working on it in my "free time" one of these years. ha!

Regards,
-Justin

Date: January 19, 2010 12:19PM

His thought on his inventory system is to link up with multiple vendors -a daily database updating on pricing- therefore you will sure to get the best price and sure to get the parts.

Ben

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: January 19, 2010 03:59PM

There is one out there. Do a search for VMT Rodmaker Pro. You can download a demo version. It is the only one I found designed for rod building that handles inventory. QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale 2010 also does inventory. You need a product that handles inventory! Very few small business software packages do that. You would want it to pull items out of your inventory when you assemble an invoice.

The VMT product was recently updated. It is a little clunky but does what I need. I paid $99. The new version is over $200. It doesn't give you any graphics of components or anything like that. If I had to do it over I would buy the QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale 2010...and I still may someday.

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: January 19, 2010 05:56PM

Try Backlash Tools, they have some office software that i think is more for rodbuilding. I have never used it but you might check it out.
Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Date: January 20, 2010 10:36AM

We decided to build it from scratch and would welcome any ideas from the rod building community. Thank You gentlemen.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: January 20, 2010 11:44AM

I'll volunteer to be a beta tester. ;)

I'd say keep it simple.

Good luck.

Posted by: James Willard (208.46.72.---)
Date: February 13, 2010 05:56PM

How does one get their hands on this nifty new software?
James

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster