I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICRBE Dress Code
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: January 10, 2010 12:58PM

Just a reminder, we're not allowed to wear shirts that have our business logo if we are not a vendor... correct?

I was thinking of wearing my Tx jersey since I wouldn't need a name tag. NO ONE would miss the name across my shoulders. BUt alas, it largely displays my rod co. logo.

-----------------
AD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICRBE Dress Code
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2010 01:18PM

I ask folks to use common sense in that area. The vendors are the ones that have payed the price to enjoy any business or sales benefit from the event. If you walk in with a cap with your custom rod business name, nothing is going to be said. But if you come in wearing that hat and a jacket with the same logo plastered across the back of it, well... at some point that sort of thing becomes blatant advertising. Use good common sense in this regard.

There is also nothing wrong with exchanging business cards among each other for contact purposes. What I don't want to happen, and what I will kick folks out for, is using their business cards or whatever to solicit business. It doesn't happen often but it seems like each year we catch somebody giving quotes on custom rods to the general fishing public in attendance, or a person trying to get attendees to purchase components they've got stashed back in their hotel room or out in their car. That sort of thing will get you banned permanently. What's more, those that do it know they're not supposed to be doing it - so I have little sympathy for their excuses.

So just use common sense and be considerate of those who purchased space at the Expo. Any business or business contacts that take place there should be theirs.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2010 02:16PM

And rightly so!

Shop talk yes, business talk no.

Personally, I'll be there for a different purpose & won't have time to talk business except maybe with vendors. Anyone wishing to talk rod business with me can just wait until I get back home.

Without successful vendors there wouldn't be a show so taking from them is like biting the hand that feed you! It chaps my hide to think that anything like that would go on. That's lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 10, 2010 03:30PM

The nature of identification/advertising on a shirt can be quite diverse. The Swamp Boyz consider the shirts depicted in following link to be quite conservative. If we hit the floor wearing these and did not have a booth what would you do if you were in Tom's shoes? He has done an extraordinary job in the past seven years handling this very delicate subject in a fair manner. Each of the circumstances he notes in his above post has occurred and no one every knew he was protecting the very existance of the event by taking immediate action.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

We urge all custom builders who do have a business card complete with all contact information to hand us one for safekeeping when you stop at the Swampland Tackle Booth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 04:33PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.242.22.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: January 10, 2010 03:44PM

I do shows of this nature for my industry all year and all over the country and wow is all I can say. Maybe if it was treated like a business and people dressed accordingly this wouldn't be an issue. If you leave the T-shirts an ballcaps at home and dressed like you're going to a business meeting (which you effectively are) there would be no issue with "unoffical advertising".

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2010 04:38PM

if bill stevens wears that shirt with some bicycle pants he will beat doc ski's outfit for best dressed

Posted by: Pat Helton (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 10, 2010 05:27PM

I plan to wear shirts with the Texas Rod Builders logo on it. We are a non-profit organization however we will have a donation box for our Rods For Soldiers program. I work for Bill Cason owner of Cason's Crystal Clear who is also a member of Texas Rod Builders. Is this going to be a problem. If so just let me know and I will wear something else. Cason's Crystal Clear is a board sponsor.

Pat

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2010 05:46PM

Pat,

No, sorry. You can't do that. Booth sharing is not allowed - only one entity per booth is allowed. This has been a standing rule for all 7 Expos and you will find this to be very similar to the rules at most professional consumer and trade shows out there.

Bill Cason (Cason's Custom Finishes) has a booth at the Expo and you can wear anything you want promoting his business. But your organization has not purchased space and therefore cannot advertise nor promote themselves in the exhibit hall. Please understand that this is nothing against your organization. I'm sure it's a fine group and you may remember that I have donated various items to them. But only those who have purchased exhibit space may advertise and promote themselves in the exhibit hall. Thanks.

Posted by: Pat Helton (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 11, 2010 12:24PM

No problem Tom. You have been very good to us and I don't want to do anything to screw that up.
See you in February
Pat

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster