I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Spreadsheet Warning
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 31, 2009 08:32PM

Last week, Eugene Moore prepared a spreadsheet of the expanded Common Cents System chart. A board participant by the name of "Joe Hall" offered to send it to any interested parties. Subsequently, at least 2 users here have reported to me that opening the file which he sent has damaged the contents of their computer. If you received anything from "Joe Hall," do not open it. There was nothing wrong with Eugene's spreadsheet, rather it appears that what "Joe Hall" has been sending has perhaps had some type of virus attached on purpose. We are looking into some things pertaining to this.

In the meantime, Raymond Adams has posted Eugene's spreadsheet at his rod building tutorials website and it can accessed there. It appears that what Raymond has is a clean copy and is safe to download.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 10:32PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spreadsheet Warning
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: December 31, 2009 11:00PM

I really hate to hear that happened. That's just disappointing.

If you can't access the one on Raymond's site, I'll volunteer to forward a copy - virus free. I didn't since someone else already had.

Thanks Tom for taking the time to follow up, I know it's time out of your schedule. Let me know if I can help.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Eugene Moore (---.245.83.125.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: January 01, 2010 12:58AM

I personally sent out a dozen emails with that spreadsheet attached. If there were any issues I would have been informed. The purpose was to provide assistance. I'm upset that someone has chosen to use my work as a virus "mule" and this forum as a way to gain access.

Date: January 01, 2010 02:54PM

"Joe Hall" appears to be an alias used by a builder who was banned here last year.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 01, 2010 03:04PM

The file posted on The Rod Builder's Library website was recieved directly from Eugene and is free of any added content.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 03, 2010 01:22PM

Same here...the spreadsheet Gene sent me was scanned by 3 programs before it was opened (all happens behind the scenes). Virus, trojan, spyware and malware-free.

Date: January 03, 2010 04:23PM

I have already stated that the attachment sent by Gene is fine. The one sent by "Joe Hall" is not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster