I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

visualWEAVE vs. @#$%&
Posted by: Grant Gisondo (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 01:31PM

just looking for a suggestions, reviews, or recommendations. cant decide which program to purchase.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: visualWEAVE vs. @#$%&
Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 01:43PM

I am sure both have their fans. I do know support can be helpful and with Visual Weave you have a company that is not only a sponsor here but which I believe is sold both by Mud Hole and Billy Vivona. So help is only a mouse click away. They were also at one of the big rod Expos a year or so ago. They may be there again. You would have to check the list of exhibitors on the event website for 2010.

I was also told that Visual Weave is written from scratch and not adopted from any other software so it is easier to update or add new features to. But I really do not now for sure. I think it has been around longer than @#$%&. Again not totally sure.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 02:32PM

I am familar with VizWeave only. I just posted 4 photos with a brief description of how VisualWeave works.
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

I did not do this weave, another NERB Ken Bonneau did. I asked him to post photos of the weave. The program is extremely easy to use, and has some powerful features with teh sizing and loading a grid feature.

Date: December 21, 2009 03:08PM

KEn just posted the finishd results of that NY Yankees weave (rod looks great, hate the Yankees though)
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 03:09PM by Billy Vivona.

Posted by: Bill Marchisella (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 21, 2009 03:20PM

Ihave bpth and I think both are great. They both do basically the same thing, each in a little different way. The results are basically the same.

Date: December 21, 2009 06:22PM

thank you for all the feedback. i vaguely remember maybe testing out pic to weave and remember something about having to click each box on a grid. i think it was that you had to upload an image than the graph lays over it and you click each box with a color to make the pattern? if i remember correctly does visual weave work the same way?

Date: December 21, 2009 06:27PM

VisualWeave works 2 ways. You can fill in each pixel one by one, color by color, for the entire pattern yourself. Or you can have VizWeave fill in all the boxes for you, and you just go in and clean up the image. So you have a choice as to how you utilize VizWeave to fill the grid in.

PS/Edit - I forgot that I had put this tutorial together before VWV was released. [northeastrodbuilders.com] < VWV Tutorial, similar ot teh pics I put up on teh phtoto page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 06:30PM by Billy Vivona.

Date: December 21, 2009 06:49PM

Thanks Billy. you have been very helpful.

Posted by: Ken Bonneau (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 09:42PM

Grant, great piece of software. I've been using Visual Weave for a year or so. When I first started weaving, velum graph paper was the accepted design tool. Then I graduated to PCStich which Jim Upton and others were using, which was a big improvement for someone like me with limited artistic talent. Then Visual Weave came along and I haven't looked back. I'm so comfortable with the sotware now that I often think that almost anything can be designed and woven on a rod, as long as you have enough room on the blank. Simply import a jpg or bmp file, size the photo, do a little clean up on the image, let the software build the left list and start weaving. It reallly is that simple. Try it, I think you'll like it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster