I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Friday Funnies
Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 18, 2009 02:18PM

Recently my wife picked up one of my older rod building books. After reading the table of contents, she came to me with a serious question: "What does passing gas have to do with building a fishing rod?"
Well, she stumped me with that one. I had no idea. In fact, I thought she had been sniffing my denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner and acetone.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
Well, she showed me the table of contents, and I understood. And when I cleaned up the coffee that I blew out of my nose, I realized just how much I love the English language.
Some words are pronounced the same but are spelled differently (through and threw, hot and hut, pray and prey, feet and feat, son and sun). Others are spelled the same, but the context in which they are used determines pronunciation (bow...bending at the waist or the front of a boat; or bow:something that fires an arrow; or a fancy ribbon put on a package. . This was what she had encountered.
The title of the chapter was" Butt Wind."
We rod builders immediately recognize this as a section on winding thread on the butt section of a rod. For my more dense colleagues, in this instance, pronounce "wind" as in "Gone With the Wind." You will then understand her confusion, and my expelling my coffee through my nose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Friday Funnies
Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.safepages.com)
Date: December 18, 2009 02:52PM

Wow, an entire chapter! This must include the complete biography of Joseph Pujol, better known by his professional name; Le Petomane, revived as the Mel Brooks character in "Blazing Saddles."

Posted by: Harold Krause (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2009 05:46PM

That is funny Gary. I remember some time ago a poster (sorry don't remember the name) pointed out that a thread was about buying butt plugs from Mudhole. I thought that was also quite funny.

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.static.gci.net)
Date: December 19, 2009 03:20AM

The results of individual interpretations of the english language are most definately entertaining. I was working on a home project one time and wanted a Sharpie (the Black Felt tip pen type of Sharpie) to mark where something was to be cut. I politely asked my Girfriend to hand me the Sharpie. I am only guesing that since she knew I was going to cut something, I meant the Utility knife type of Sharpie, so she handed me the Utility knife, which I took from her then explained I wanted the Writing type of Sharpie. She has been "My Little Sharpie girl since then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster