I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERBs Gatherings + New blanks from Seeker
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2009 08:09AM

2010 marks the 6th year of The NERBs Gatherings, we've shared info, techniques, and a lot of laughs with hundreds of builders around the country. For those who have attended a gathering in the past you know how informative and fun they are, thank you for help putting The NERBs on the map. Each gathering is unique, we cover only the topics that those attending are interested in, so sign up and let me know what you want to learn about.

Gathering Schedule [northeastrodbuilders.com]
Dates are flexible, if you want to attend but the date doesn't work for you please tell me and I will see if I can move the date
I have plans to do a gathering at Trophy Tackle in Long Island, as well as one in the Norwich, CT area, and at Jig-n-Pop in Northern NJ - dates to follow.

NEW SEEKER BLANKS IN STOCK
The Montauk Super Cod – New blank designed for Montauk Cod Fishing. [northeastrodbuilders.com]

Seeker 9 & 10' surf blanks - I now have stock in several surf/jetty rods from Seeker. No need to pay for ridiculous shipping charges, I have them here in SI and will be bringing them to all the gatherings so you get to pull on the blanks before buying them, and save on shipping. Win-Win.

Seeker Hercules Rods - Seeker has released some Hercules jigging rods to select tackle shops around the country. These factory rods are built on the blanks which I had Seeker design to my specs. I have several new models we are working on to add to the line up for 2010, stay tuned!!

** I have components (grips, guides, reel seats, butt caps and gimbals) to build all the Seeker blanks I have in stock. Contact me for specifics, I will walk you through my suggestions for each blank, and if I do not have something you want in stock I will get it for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERBs Gatherings + New blanks from Seeker
Posted by: Mike Sloan (---.dsl.atmc.net)
Date: December 16, 2009 12:17PM

On that cod rod strength demonstration in your link. How are the guides laid out? is that a spiral wrap? they seem to be pointing down.

Re: NERBs Gatherings + New blanks from Seeker
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2009 11:34PM

The guides were wrapped on with one continuous thread, I only did one tie off, and spiralled teh thread between guides & underneath teh guide ring. The guides spun around with all that weight, but didn't pull out...and I did a really poor job, some guide feet ere held on with like 10-15 turns of thread, no epoxy or CP.

The Staten Island Gathering on the second is already overbooked by one. The other 2 dates are half full. I have to change the NJ date since I dind't realize teh Somerset Fishing show was that weekend, and I might be in a booth. For those wondering what goes on at the gatherings, here is a rundown of what I have been asked to go over.

For the 2nd, I've been asked to cover teh following topics:
- Dec Wraps (big surprise there). I will do this presentation and answer every question people have. There are several guys attending who do magnificent work, so there should b some nice eye candy and varying techniques on how to do things

- Dec Grips - I will be doing the majority of this presentation, but I will be asking several guys (Ken, Rich, MikeG, PAul) for input as these guys have started making DEc Grips over teh last couple of months after learning How To at a gatehring. It's good to show people just starting that it is not that hard. THis will not be limited to EVA inlays, we are goign to be prepared to discuss carbon fiber grips (Rich, Looney, & SM250), cord grips (R78 & Rich), and even painting blanks and components (Rich, Looney, and SM250). And even birch bark (Looney)

- A few guys have asked abotu the Seeker 9 & 10' blanks, and they will have an opportunity to pullon the blanks, and see teh rods that SM250 has already built on teh blanks. If the weather is somewhat not freezing, you can walk 3 blocks down to teh beach and cast the rods to your heart's content so that you see if they are right for you.

If there is anything else, please let me know and I'll prepare for it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster