I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thanks to Dan for pulling together the Chicago Gathering
Posted by: Jay Weissler (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 10:37AM

Learned a lot, met great people and was fed like a king

Thanks for doing this Dan!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks to Dan for pulling together the Chicago Gathering
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 11:16AM

Glad to hear you guys had a great time. DAn is a great guy, I wish I was able to get back out there.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 13, 2009 12:47PM

Wish you could have made it, Billy!!It was a GREAT day!!! It was nice to get together with some old friends and meet some new ones. A LOT of info was shared and demonstrated. Anyone that ever gets a chance to attend one of these, jump on it. Better yet, host one. You'd be amazed at what you can learn when a dozen or so builders get together for a day!!!!

Thanks, Dan!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.yousq.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 01:34PM

Billy, we missed you and hope you get a chance to make it out again. Dan thanks for having us all at your house and the food was great as were the demos. Who ever made the pickles thanks I could use another fix of those; some of the best I've had. It was great to see every one again and great to meet some new people. Thanks to Al for the color advice I'm working on it right now. Mark

Date: December 13, 2009 02:22PM

Bob Clark is the "Pickle Man""

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 03:36PM

Sure wish I would have been feeling better. I really wanted to go.

Date: December 13, 2009 03:39PM

WUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! You missed a good one and we missed you and Jim Fowler

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 04:37PM

I hope you guys continue doing the gatherings in Chicago, and I hope more builders take advantage of the opportunity to attend as they really are a great time. Even if there were no demo's, they are a lot of fun, and the food is always A+. Hope to see all you guys in High Point in a couple of months.

Date: December 13, 2009 06:08PM

Billy, Even though you didn't make it, you were there in spirit. Were your ears burning all day???

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: Victor Heal (---.gdrpmi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 07:40PM

Thanks, Dan.
The lunch was great and I learned alot!

Mike I am working on trying to make it to High Point. Thanks for the help with the logo.

Al, thanks for the help with the wrap. I am working on that too. I will post photos.

Mark, I showed my wife the picture of one of your rods when I got home and she says it's to pretty to fish with!! LOL My thoughts exactly.

Billy, I haven't met you yet but heard alot about you on Saturday... LOL All good!

Thanks again to everyone and hope to see you again soon.

Vic

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 07:44PM

Really thought I would have been up to going but Friday physical therapy kicked my tail. Really sore and tired. And the pain meds get me all jittery and I can't sleep on them too.

Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.lightspeed.caryil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 13, 2009 09:56PM

Dan,

Thank you so much for your hospitality, I truly had a great time meeting so many nice people, I only wish I had known about these gatherings years ago. So much lost to years past, but so much to do in years to come! What a wonderful group of people to get to know, those of you that have not attended a gathering such as my myself, maybe because you may have felt intimidated Don't., you truly don't know what you are missing. The years of experience and the willingness to share ideas and techniques is priceless!!!! Thanks to all in attendance and I look forward to seeing you all again in the future. Thanks to Al for his demo wrap and I have to say Mike is one of those guys that you can just picture from his posts and emails a true gentleman.Mark, well when it comes to wood, he is as hard as it gets. Just had to throw that in. Dan and Mark I cannot believe you have been fishing in my backyard and we have not met, I will let Ty know to watch out for you two.

Dan that pulled pork is some of the best I have ever had, too many people want to over do it with BB sauce and cover the flavor, yours was excellent would it to much to ask for the recipe.

Sincerely a great time,
Jeff Leonard

Muskyfsh

Posted by: Dan Makauskas (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2009 09:01AM

That was a blast. I think it was easier to host than to drive as far as some of these guys did. Thanks to everyone for coming and sharing. I think the only thing missing was the Indiana guys and the HNIC, at least this way there was some leftover pork LOL.

Thanks also to Scott from FishSticks4U for the package of Fishhawk thread. I think everyone grabbed some.

Jeff, I'm sure we can work out an arrangement for the pulled pork recipe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster