I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Friday Funnies Incoming Missile
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: December 11, 2009 09:30AM

Many claim that there are many ties between the golf and the fishing rods industry pertaining to technical development of products. Spine, resonate frequency, coeficient of restitution, nano resins, bio fibers, sensitivity, design loads and other technical areas seem to have common ground for conversation and marketing.

After reading the recent marketing releases concerning micro rods, I think the most important term used by golfers should be immediately adopted by custom rodbuilders.

F O R E !

Swamp Boyz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Friday Funnies Incoming Missile
Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 11, 2009 10:24AM

Not really certain what you are trying to say.I have a hard time trying to decipher the code in which your mind works

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: December 11, 2009 11:05AM

It is always entertaining to read all the misinformation in rod marketing stories. My new favorite is increased sensitivity by more points of contact as in more guides.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 11, 2009 11:07AM

I don't think that 4's will cast well on a golf club ??? Dooooo

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 11, 2009 11:12AM

More than once I have had a fisherman in another boat make a cast, dropping a lure into mine. I just assumed he learned to cast on a golf course. I remain grateful not to have encountered him in the woods during deer season.

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.140.184.173.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 11, 2009 11:14AM

Rolly

Shame on you. There is no code, just random access.

Mike

Saw that. Wonder how many guides the new rods will have? Seems as thou they may intend to one-up one of the other 'fruit and vegetable' rods.

Bobby Feazel

[www.shockwaverods.com]

Conventional wisdom will not open the box.

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2009 12:12PM

The Alligator is to Stevens as the Tiger is to Woods?
If Bill is right about the similarities between Golf and Fishing, does this mean Bill will reveal his 12 "transgressions" before christmas?

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: December 11, 2009 12:15PM

Bobby that will be 14 on the Flippin Stix ! The new Yellow rods , Skeet Reese edition, have 13 and they are not Micros. Most of them are Double Foot . Eight of them if I remember correctly. Where did this logic come from ????

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2009 12:17PM by Jay Hunt.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: December 11, 2009 12:20PM

JB - came from the same place as the paint job....

And what's up with the tips on some of these new rods? They seem awfully limber. I picked up a Skeet and a Carrot and about decided the tips were made with rubber.

-----------------
AD

Date: December 11, 2009 12:28PM

Gary:

I go with my son once in a while during Bird Season. There is a trout river close by. While I fish I can feel and hear the buck shot hitting the water around me. Think the shot scared the trout Dooo

One time a guy followed a bird right down to the river. I almost got buck shot -- well you know where. ???

Bill - willierods.com

Date: December 11, 2009 12:29PM

Gary:

I go with my son once in a while during Bird Season. There is a trout river close by. While I fish I can feel and hear the buck shot hitting the water around me. Think the shot scared the trout Dooo

One time a guy followed a bird right down to the river. I almost got buck shot -- well you know where. ???

I like to fish, but gee.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: December 11, 2009 08:51PM

Well, golfers do change up grips as much as rod builders do seats and handles! It is a good thing there is not guides on a golf club! They would never figure out the spacing! Now that I think of it, I got as many rods as they have clubs! Well, we got reels, they do not!

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 12, 2009 08:35AM

The resonnance frequency of a smack to the noggin with a fishing rod is much less than the smack to the head with a 9 iron, regardless of the make up of the graphite shaft or rod blank.

Michael Woods

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 12, 2009 09:13AM

Personally, I am looking forward with a mixture of curiousity and dread to finding out what he considers a mulligan...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster