I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Sponsor
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2009 09:27AM

Although the Diamond II link has been here for a couple months, it has not been active until now. Silvia has everything ready to go with the Diamond II website. Visit when you can via the link in the sponsor column to the left or click here:

[diamond-ii.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Sponsor
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 10:11AM

Hi Silvia!

I enjoyed checking out your website very much. I never knew Gene but I have enjoyed his writings that I have read in RodMaker magazine and I look forward to reading the 2 books you mentioned.

I was sent several complementary Diamond II kits to try a while back and I'm so glad because it is an outstanding finish product. I sent them my thanks and opinion on D2. I only wish I could have thanked Gene.

Kudos on a really cool website and for keeping the D2 product alive & available for us all to enjoy.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 11:35AM by Raymond Adams.

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 10:56AM

Nice site!

Posted by: Greg Weaver (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2009 06:08PM

Hats off to Bullard Int'l for their great looking website. I was wondering why nothing came up previously when I tried to log on. I got a real kick out of the "low profile" reel Gene is pictured with in the upper right hand corner. Fantastic.

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 07:36PM

Great site and a great product
Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: Jim Kirby (---.dllstx.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 02, 2009 03:57AM

I'm sooooooo glad to see that old snaggletooth logo again. I didn't realize that there was a family connection to the revived Bullard International.

I used to visit Gene in his apartment in Dallas and his several business locations. I've kept a copy of the 1987 15th Anniversary issue of his catalog and would never part with my snaggletooth belt buckle.........but I think I'll always miss just wandering into his apartment or store and helping myself to a beer from the fridge.

I haven't tried the new Diamond II but will as soon as I can get some.

.....................now if I could get my hands on some of that CP-X color preserver.............................

I, and a lot of others, really miss your uncle.

Jim Kirby

Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2009 06:13AM

My thanks to all for the warm welcome and kind words. I am glad to hear that Ol’ Snag and photos of Gene have stirred fond memories. I wish everyone could have enjoyed the atmosphere Gene created in his shop. It’s pretty tough to pull off a feeling of warmth and entertainment while dealing with all that goes with a successful and demanding business—something Gene did with ease. I am so glad to hear comments from those who actually visited us during those times. If you remember a tall, skinny, young girl with big hair—that was me. It was Dallas in the 70’s and 80’s after all!

Gene would have been so pleased to see the result of our hard work to bring DIAMOND II back. He was very determined to make this happen and I am very saddened, as many of you, that he is not here to greet those who walk through the virtual door of Bullard International. Gene’s determination is what makes it possible to offer this great product once again.

We hope to see you all at The International Custom Rod Building Expo. Please come by and introduce yourself if you are able to make it—we wouldn’t miss it!

Silvia Davis
Bullard International

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster