I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Name Decals
Posted by: Tom Loew (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 11:42AM

Hi Guys
I have a dumb question here.
I don't remember how to put name decals on the rod i built.
I put a college decal on it fine but the name plate must be applied differently?
The name plate decals were bought from Mudhole if that makes a differance.
Thanks in advance
Tom Loew

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Name Decals
Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: November 29, 2009 12:40PM

Hi Tom,

It depends. If your label is a peel 'n stick type, then it should go on peel 'n stick style. Just try to lift a corner with something other than your finger, like an exacto knife or a razor blade. Center and stick on from one end to the other, pushing out the air along the way. Some like to remove the whole label, then start at the center and push to the outside to remove the air. If you have to cut this label out of the paper, it's helpful to angle your scissors to the inside to sort of bevel the edge. This hides the transition of the label to the blank better.

If it's a waterslide label, then you have to soak it in water for about 5 seconds, then take it out and let it set a minute or two until the label slides off the paper. Wet the surface of the blank and slide the label on to the location you want. You'll be able to move it around a bit but be careful, they tear easily. Use a damp rag or a roller to push out the air bubbles and you are done. The decal connection folks recommend that you apply a coat of finish before you apply waterslide decals. This prevents a hazy background.

Not sure if I answered your question but more info would be helpful.

Terry

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 29, 2009 01:35PM

Here ya go!!! [www.decalconnection.com] Complete turorial!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jimi Ellis (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2009 10:25AM

Tom,

Either unhide your email address or email me at Sales@southerngrafix.com

Jimi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2009 10:25AM by Jimi Ellis.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster